Old 12-19-2016, 04:23 AM   #71
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
This is for warewolff..... way off topic.....

Watched BTTF trilogy tonight, remembered your siggie so did a quick screengrab and whipped this up real quick.....
Attached Images
File Type: png BTTF.png (431.0 KB, 15 views)
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #72
Almost There

Year: 95
Coachwork: Amtran ss-33
Chassis: Int 3800
Engine: dt444E
Rated Cap: 29,000
can an unconscious expert write the rules for this action?

if your not a man our doing it all wrong-kp
tincaneasybakeoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:03 PM   #73

Ok this is literally my first time posting anywhere on this site, I've been lurking around the forums for months and I finally pulled the trigger. I need to share my success story with this method.

Just for clarification I'm an engineering Contractor and I do a lot of traveling so my docs are all over the place.

I'm licensed and reside in Maryland. I'm currently staying in Massachusetts. I bought my bus in Connecticut. And now I've registered it as an RV in Vermont hahha go figure.

I'm posting to confirm that I followed warewolff's instructions to the T, the only difference is I needed to move the bus right away and could not wait 2 weeks or more for stuff to arrive in the mail. None of the New England states offer temporary plates (especially to out of state residents) so I decided to go try this method in person at a Vermont DMV office.

I filled out the application but skipped the part about the truck weight and axles. For body type I had put YY (like it says on the title) but the lady at the office changed it to MH for motor home. I got a VIN verification done as my bus is less than 15 years old and I wanted a new title that says Motor Home so I can register it in another state if anyone ever gives me a hard time for driving on VT plates. Also, you do not need to pay that extra $6 unless your car is new, so fun fact there. Besides that everything went incredibly smoothly.

TL;DR bought the car in southern CT, got vin verified, drove up 3 hours to a Vermont DMV and got it registered as a motor home and got new plates on the spot. Drove back down to pickup the bus and hopefully drive it home 😁😁

Should be easier to get RV insurance now that the title says motor home, no?
wajidsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:53 PM   #74
Bus Nut

Be a bit of a drive for me from TN but maybe that is what I need to do..... just drive up and do it in person (after the holidays of course).
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
Be a bit of a drive for me from TN but maybe that is what I need to do..... just drive up and do it in person (after the holidays of course).
Alleycat, thought you already mailed everything in?

Also, anyone have any info on how I can get it insured pre-conversion ? The title and reg now say motor home but if they ask for pics I'll be in trouble
Old 12-21-2016, 05:08 PM   #76
Bus Nut

I had but I didn't mail the original title, so it was sent back but apparently got lost in the mail on the way back. Have not resubmitted yet as USPS money orders require a 60 day waiting period before you can get a refund.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
I had but I didn't mail the original title, so it was sent back but apparently got lost in the mail on the way back. Have not resubmitted yet as USPS money orders require a 60 day waiting period before you can get a refund.
Well if they lost it I guess you're lucky you didn't send the title lol. Don't forget if the bus is 15 years old or less you do need a VIN verification, even if you have the title (at least that's what the lady at the counter told me)

Luckily I had gotten the dealer to get in done just to be safe bc I didn't want to have to do that drive twice.

It doesn't have to be done using their own form, they accepted the CT official VIN verification paper. I didn't even know this was a thing, but apparently almost every state has some procedure for it. They told me in NH any dealer can do it and in CT any inspection place or DMV can do it. No idea what it's like all the way down there.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #78
Bus Nut

Well no, THEY (VT) didn't lose it.... it was mailed back and the USPS apparently lost it because it's been 6 weeks since I mailed it and about 3 since I talked to them on the phone. I just have to wait for the 2 month waiting period on USPS money orders to expire, then I can get a new one issued and try it again.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:30 PM   #79
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
wow that sucks you cant cancel the MO.. i never knew that..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #80
Bus Nut

You can, you just have to wait the 2 months out. It's the first time I've ever had a MO get lost like that and I've used quite a few of them over the years so I guess I've had pretty good luck overall.