Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #1701

Year: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mchprssr View Post
josh did you have any issues with designating color at all?
Nope, I typed "YELLOW" on my VD-119. The DMV rep who processed my application crossed it out and wrote "YW" over it. You can see a picture of it in my video about the VT registration in my last post. If I had to do it again, I would still just enter all the information on my application as it reads on the title. I just figured if anyone was processing my papers and noticed there were a handful of "changes" then it might raise some flags. The ONLY thing I entered on my application which was not found on the title was the section about type of plate, where I typed "MOTORHOME". No problems. Hope that helps.

gymkhanajosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:18 AM   #1702
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
I put "WHITE" on my application on the assumption that I would soon be painting the outside of my bus, but it's still yellow (at least the roof is white). I'm also a gasser according to my PA title and my VT registration - this was a mistake by PennDOT which I didn't have time to correct before I sent my title off to VT. Things might get interesting if I'm ever pulled over.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:29 AM   #1703
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Freightliner
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymkhanajosh View Post
Nope, I typed "YELLOW" on my VD-119. The DMV rep who processed my application crossed it out and wrote "YW" over it. You can see a picture of it in my video about the VT registration in my last post. If I had to do it again, I would still just enter all the information on my application as it reads on the title. I just figured if anyone was processing my papers and noticed there were a handful of "changes" then it might raise some flags. The ONLY thing I entered on my application which was not found on the title was the section about type of plate, where I typed "MOTORHOME". No problems. Hope that helps.
just watched your video, good job.

contact Kellynewsome1@allstate.com 352-326-9300 . ive seen her tlaked about on here several times and seems she can hook you up with a local skoolie friendly agent.

2002 Freightliner FS65 30’
2mchprssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:32 AM   #1704

Year: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mchprssr View Post
just watched your video, good job.

contact Kellynewsome1@allstate.com 352-326-9300 . ive seen her tlaked about on here several times and seems she can hook you up with a local skoolie friendly agent.
Thanks, brotha. I wasn't having a whole lot of luck up until this point. I managed to figure out a temporary solution to get the bus back home but a more permanent option definitely needs to be done. I appreciate it.
gymkhanajosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:39 AM   #1705
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Rear Engine
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 14,968
As of
01/05/2021

I talked to a representative at the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicle:

My situation:
2003 International 3000 RE
15 years old

I was told to send:
Bill of Sale
$76 Money Order +
.06% Money order of the Sale
Special Enhancement verification that School Markers were removed.

The representative told me I didn't need a Vin Verification, but I'll still send to be sure but again I was told that I did not need it.

I would receive a Transferable title.
North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #1706
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins, Alison
Question Received plates

Got the plates in the mail today. Total time from 1st mailing, 2 months! The envelope was open and only 2 plates were inside. Should i have gotten a registration certificate or title or something with it?

Thanks
L2thaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:31 PM   #1707
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: International 3800
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2thaJ View Post
Got the plates in the mail today. Total time from 1st mailing, 2 months! The envelope was open and only 2 plates were inside. Should i have gotten a registration certificate or title or something with it?

Thanks
Your registration and plate stickers will show up about 2 weeks after you get your 2 tags. You'll not receive a title, unless your vehicle is less than 15 years old. (I cant recall how old, may be less than 15).
Sraycwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:41 PM   #1708
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sraycwb View Post
Your registration and plate stickers will show up about 2 weeks after you get your 2 tags. You'll not receive a title, unless your vehicle is less than 15 years old. (I cant recall how old, may be less than 15).
They are mailed separately so that the children of your plates and your registration don't lose both their parents in a plane crash.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:41 PM   #1709
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: International 3800
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
As of
01/05/2021

I talked to a representative at the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicle:

My situation:
2003 International 3000 RE
15 years old

I was told to send:
Bill of Sale
$76 Money Order +
.06% Money order of the Sale
Special Enhancement verification that School Markers were removed.

The representative told me I didn't need a Vin Verification, but I'll still send to be sure but again I was told that I did not need it.

I would receive a Transferable title.
This is a prime example of what NOT to do. Follow the instructions, mail it in, be patient, and if you filled it out correctly, and paid your correct fees, you'll have no issues.

Not to be Dickie downer, but their office is already operating with a 4 week backlog, calls to their office take up valuable time and resources, which is best suited elsewhere. All info is here, all someone needs to do is READ.

Prime example here, you were told you needed a special verification, which no one else has needed, and you were told you'd get a title, which you will not, being that it's over 15 years of age. Not for nothing, but they told you what WASN'T needed yet you've opted to provide it.

To each his own.
Sraycwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #1710
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Rear Engine
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 14,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sraycwb View Post
This is a prime example of what NOT to do. Follow the instructions, mail it in, be patient, and if you filled it out correctly, and paid your correct fees, you'll have no issues.

Not to be Dickie downer, but their office is already operating with a 4 week backlog, calls to their office take up valuable time and resources, which is best suited elsewhere. All info is here, all someone needs to do is READ.

Prime example here, you were told you needed a special verification, which no one else has needed, and you were told you'd get a title, which you will not, being that it's over 15 years of age. Not for nothing, but they told you what WASN'T needed yet you've opted to provide it.

To each his own.
Good morning Sraycwb aka "Dickie Downer",

No harm, no foul there my friend.
I stand corrected and will follow the post as recommended.

Also, be assured I've not yet sent the paperwork off and I'll be sure to correctly follow all details listed hereinabove.

I will admit that I didn't read the post completely as I was working at the time and rushed through the details thinking I could simply call the department for the rest.

So everyone should know "I" and an example of what not to do.
How do I know this? Sraycwb aka "Dickie Downer" said so and he's absolutely right.

I'll keep us up to date.

Thank you again,

North
North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:12 AM   #1711
Bus Geek

FWIW this thread has over 1700 posts in it and even the first stickied/regularly updated post has something in it that you're not supposed to do (which is putting in the vehicle weights).
Old 01-08-2021, 07:27 PM   #1712

Talking

CiTiZeN of the green mountain state
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post
That waiting made it so much more exciting didn't it?
You're officially a fake Vermonter now.
Nomadic Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #1713

Two weeks after I sent the application I got my plate. No transferable registration or inspection sticker yet though.
Narz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:03 PM   #1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narz View Post
Two weeks after I sent the application I got my plate. No transferable registration or inspection sticker yet though.
It will be mailed in in a week
Nomadic Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #1715
Mini-Skoolie

Talking 15 minutes of fame! Lol

Just so excited! This website did an article on this strategy and my bus!

Here's the link: https://beadventurepartners.com/gett...-living-there/
Old 01-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #1716
Bus Geek

Would be better to just keep it more quiet
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:21 PM   #1717
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Would be better to just keep it more quiet
Turns out skoolie folk are not the only people using this system. Many ppl for many title issues have been doing it for over a decade at least. So i feel confident we'll be ok!
Old 01-10-2021, 09:38 PM   #1718
Bus Geek

Not talking inside baseball circles, forums erc.

Outside media best to avoid.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:33 PM   #1719
Mini-Skoolie

But it is already all over outside media. More so than skoolie mentions, in regards to it. That's some skoolie information just like this is. If one is welcome, the other is as well. At least how i see it. Sorry to step on toes. I was pretty excited and thought it was cool!
Old 01-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #1720
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2thaJ View Post
Turns out skoolie folk are not the only people using this system. Many ppl for many title issues have been doing it for over a decade at least. So i feel confident we'll be ok!
When you say many people for many title issues, what are you referring to? I seem to remember reading something about lost titles as well. And the OP said something about getting a title for old motorcycles that didn't have a title anymore.

I have a late '70's Corvette I bought from an old guy that can't find the title. It was last titled in Michigan and he isn't willing or able to do the necessary leg work to get a duplicate. Can I use this process and get a Vermont title with just the bill of sale?
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote