Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #881
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 617
Upthread members state they automatically got the renewal form without ever having inspected.

Why would they care about safety unless you were driving in state?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #882
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 5,845
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
That is what I believe, however has anyone verified this to be true? I am coming up on one year for having Vermont tags and have not yet received a renewal notice, and was wondering if inspection is tied to registration or not. In other words if not inspected are tags not renewed till inspected?

Here in Virginia they are tied to each other.
I'm sure you will find out soon enough. I've wondered the same thing. Though I think a lot of people get it registered in Vt. and then transfer to their state.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #883
Bus Nut
 
haz.matt.1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 564
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Wow, how callous was that statement?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Upthread members state they automatically got the renewal form without ever having inspected.

Why would they care about safety unless you were driving in state?
Undoubtedly accurate, tho...
__________________
I haven't lost my mind. it's backed up on disc, [i]somewhere...]/i\
haz.matt.1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:54 AM   #884
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 617
Freedom from the nanny state, putting responsibility back on the individual, of course the other end of that stick is being "callous", letting Darwin back in. . .
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #885
Bus Nut
 
haz.matt.1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 564
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Freedom from the nanny state, putting responsibility back on the individual, of course the other end of that stick is being "callous", letting Darwin back in. . .
He never left...
__________________
I haven't lost my mind. it's backed up on disc, [i]somewhere...]/i\
haz.matt.1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #886
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Franklinville, NJ
Posts: 3
Year: 2003
Hi there

I am just about to attempt going through with this process from New Jersey, but there are a few uncommon aspects to my situation that make me feel the need to confirm whether I can actually do this as described.

Namely, the mid-conversion 2002 bus I am hoping to register was bought many months ago (8, to be exact). Since buying it from a local bus company in September of last year we have neglected to do anything with regard to changing the title/registration, even though I recall somebody telling me that we should have transferred the title within 30 days for a reason I do not recall. We were given the title and a "bill of sale" (a hand-written note with the date, price of the bus, and signature of the seller).
Does this change anything? Do I need to pay an extra fee for delaying registration for so long?
Also, is the signature of the seller absolutely necessary in section 3B of the application, or do you think the signed bill of sale will suffice?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
on_the_bus_side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #887
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 5,845
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_bus_side View Post
Hi there

I am just about to attempt going through with this process from New Jersey, but there are a few uncommon aspects to my situation that make me feel the need to confirm whether I can actually do this as described.

Namely, the mid-conversion 2002 bus I am hoping to register was bought many months ago (8, to be exact). Since buying it from a local bus company in September of last year we have neglected to do anything with regard to changing the title/registration, even though I recall somebody telling me that we should have transferred the title within 30 days for a reason I do not recall. We were given the title and a "bill of sale" (a hand-written note with the date, price of the bus, and signature of the seller).
Does this change anything? Do I need to pay an extra fee for delaying registration for so long?
Also, is the signature of the seller absolutely necessary in section 3B of the application, or do you think the signed bill of sale will suffice?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I would present both title and BOS. You may pay a penalty for late filing. I immediately transfer title to y name, but told them it would be under construction for months before I register it. She said just date the BOS later (Illegal advise from my gov. entity)
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #888
Bus Nut
 
musigenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 273
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswanson View Post
No, I spoke with VT DMV, asking if I can still reside in Massachusetts, even using my Mass address - she blankly said they don't care where you live, you can register it in Vermont. Know that you must have it inspected in Vermont I believe it's within 10 days of registration. Also, their procedure requires a VIN verification form, whether OR NOT one has a title/bill of sale. Their website is highly informative with links to all their forms.
I just got my Vermont plates - I sent in ONLY the title (which was in my name) and NO bill of sale or VIN verification form (which was fortunate because I do not have either).
musigenesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #889
Bus Nut
 
musigenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 273
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_bus_side View Post
Also, is the signature of the seller absolutely necessary in section 3B of the application, or do you think the signed bill of sale will suffice?
I don't think that's required. My original application was returned because I had not filled out 3B at all, but they indicated that only the name and address of the seller and the sale date needed to be filled it (got my tags last week).
musigenesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #890
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Franklinville, NJ
Posts: 3
Year: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I just got my Vermont plates - I sent in ONLY the title (which was in my name) and NO bill of sale or VIN verification form (which was fortunate because I do not have either).
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I don't think that's required. My original application was returned because I had not filled out 3B at all, but they indicated that only the name and address of the seller and the sale date needed to be filled it (got my tags last week).
This is all very reassuring information, but I still have one concern: The title I have is not in my name--it still has the bus company listed as the owner of the vehicle.
It now seems like a very obvious connection that I should have made from the beginning, but I'm now thinking that it's in my best interest to go to a local DMV and have the title transferred to my name without registering the vehicle, and then send the new title in with the Vermont registration application. Does that sound correct?
on_the_bus_side is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.