Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #61
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutphinins View Post
Wonder if the rules are different in the other states, National General underwriter told me no full timers in the conversions for VA.
I was told the same in CA

Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #62
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyInTN View Post
Sorry for the delayed response I was on vacation. Having full coverage on your bus is not a problem and would cover all your equipment. Policies are stated value RV policies and those are the type you want. on the address there are a few creative things that can be done but the goal of us asking is to show that you have a brick and mortar address not just the bus. When we find ways around that its usually with a friend or family members address the client spends some time at during a calendar year. Having an auto with us is non negotiable. Our bus policies pair off of an auto so one begets the other. I know none of this is perfect for your situation but in Liberty's defense... most companies either want many many pictures of a done conversion or wont write this type of policy at all. Our requirements are some of the easiest in the entire industry but as you've discovered not perfect for every situation. Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with. Again sorry for the delay.
Brian I sent you an email to the email address you listed on your first post. Thanks so much for responding.

Maggs
Old 07-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #63

Have you tried or can write a policy for South Carolina? Need liability insurance to get bus home from Fl. Thank for any help
The Perigrines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:55 PM   #64
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84lug
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perigrines View Post
Have you tried or can write a policy for South Carolina? Need liability insurance to get bus home from Fl. Thank for any help
I wish. I'm sorry... I wish I could help in that state. Good luck to you.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #65
Bus Geek

Question of licensed in a state or not innit?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #66
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Now that you're back on the clock(!), do you have any agent referrals in the Bryan/College Station, TX area for a brotha..?
Reckon not!
*sigh*
Old 07-23-2019, 10:16 AM   #67
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Reckon not!
*sigh*
You may try National General.. They do bus insurance in several states.. TX may be one of them. However, they will want pics of the bus mostly done. Good luck!
Old 07-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #68
Skoolie

I apologize to all if I have been late on a response.. Our bus is 95% and I don't log on to the forum as much as I used to. Getting ready to leave for our full-time travel takes every minute of my free time these days..
If you have questions about insurance I may be able to answer feel free to email me. Brian.Hamons@libertymutual.com Again sorry for any delayed responses on this thread or in PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #69

Year: 1982
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International
HappyinTn, do you know of anyone that can help with insurance in NC? We are close to our 1 year anniversary and was told since we have a converted bus, they can't find a policy for us. We will hopefully be relocating to TN in a few months but will need coverage until then. Thanks for any help or advice.
Ladibug00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #70
Bus Crazy

Quote:
You may try National General.. They do bus insurance in several states.. TX may be one of them. However, they will want pics of the bus mostly done. Good luck!
Thanx, that's who I'm with, recently renewed my annual policy. [emoji111]
Old 07-29-2019, 03:56 PM   #71
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug00 View Post
HappyinTn, do you know of anyone that can help with insurance in NC? We are close to our 1 year anniversary and was told since we have a converted bus, they can't find a policy for us. We will hopefully be relocating to TN in a few months but will need coverage until then. Thanks for any help or advice.

I wish.. I'm sorry. National General is the only suggestion I have for NC
Old 07-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #72
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
I am an insurance agent and write for Liberty Mutual and just wrote my own policy. To my surprise we don't need photos, we don't need the conversion to be completed.. and our rates were really good! Our only real big rule... the skoolie can't be permanent housing. You need a legit permanent house you actually use a primary. If you filed a claim and it was shown the skoolie was your full time living structure chances are strong you would get your claim denied. My policy 100/300/100 1000 deductible, with uninsured motorist coverage. $889 for 12 months. If this helps.. I can write in TN and GA.. hit me up. If you are in a diff state, try Liberty Mutual in your state. We also write National General, Progressive, Safeco, and Assurant which also do RV/skoolie coverage but with more restrictions (but gives more options).
I may just hit you up later on when funds are more plentiful.
I use to live up on Signal Mtn, but now I'm back up in Johnson City TN about 3 hours from Chatt. Thanks for the info.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:16 PM   #73
Skoolie

I am leaving my agency to professionaly travel

It's bittersweet, but I am leaving my insurance agency effective this Friday (8-2) to professionally travel with my family on our recently finished skoolie. I can continue to write bus policies until then but after, my colleague Patrick Moats will be available to assist. Thanks so much to everyone! I have been able make many new friends here and to help so many of you get insurance on your skoolies. I have enjoyed working with each one of you and hearing your plans for your conversion. Thanks for entrusting me to help you with your pride and joy!!! Good luck to you all.
I'll still be poking around here on the site...
Old 07-31-2019, 06:27 PM   #74
Bus Geek

Wonderful and happy trails. . .

Please ask him to start a new thread, or at least post contact info when the time comes!
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:34 PM   #75
Bus Crazy

^
Seconded [emoji111]
Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #76

Year: 1982
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International
Thank you!
Ladibug00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #77
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
It's bittersweet, but I am leaving my insurance agency effective this Friday (8-2) to professionally travel with my family on our recently finished skoolie. I can continue to write bus policies until then but after, my colleague Patrick Moats will be available to assist. Thanks so much to everyone! I have been able make many new friends here and to help so many of you get insurance on your skoolies. I have enjoyed working with each one of you and hearing your plans for your conversion. Thanks for entrusting me to help you with your pride and joy!!! Good luck to you all.
I'll still be poking around here on the site...
Safe and happy trails bud, take care out there and stay cool.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #78
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
Safe and happy trails bud, take care out there and stay cool.
Thank you!
Old 09-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #79
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: TC1000
Engine: 5.9
Just for anyone else looking.

I've been speaking with Patrick Moates like Brian mentioned. His email is patrick.moates@libertymutual.com

He's being very quick and helpful so far.
Oxide7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #80
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Came back as an incorrect address.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance coverage