Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Indiana Title and Registration

Hello Hoosiers!! Just thought i would help everyone access the form for us Indianians to get the title changed from "Bus" or "Van" to "RV" there are a couple reasons why this would be beneficial to you.

1. Most likely cheaper insurance. Might want to call and check first with your insurance company.

2. Seat belt tickets.

3. Opened alcohol (open container)

4. Um. How awesome would it be to tell people you own an RV?! haha

The form you want is at the following link.

https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=5002

You need to print it off and have the police officer sign the affidavit

Send it off and in about 2 to 4 weeks you will get your new title.

I'm trying to help people find some cut and dried answers that i couldn't find when i tried.
After some annoying research, calling, emailing, contacting, etc. i thought id comprise it in one spot for some simplicity.
I'm jus tryin to help some people out cause i use to be in your shoes, let me know if this helps anyone that was searching for some answers.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Indiana Title and Registration

I checked all the seat belts on the bus, and only found gum wrappers under them... no tickets.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

I love benefit number 4. Telling your friends you have an RV would definitely make their jaws drop.

Thanks for sharing the form, by the way.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998

haha wow i had to read the "checked seatbelts and only found gum wrappers. no tickets" like 2 or 3 times before i got the joke. lol and yeah. sayin you have an RV is awesome but i like the look on peoples faces when i say "short bus" too! Our is a 1995 GMC Vandura 3500 (Van Front End) and it is Titled as a van currently because thats how we bought it. We are gonna transfer them to RV within the next couple weeks. but Liability on this bad boy as it titled as a van, is only $287 bucks a year!!!!! AKA $24 a month!!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitayelor View Post
Hello Hoosiers!! Just thought i would help everyone access the form for us Indianians to get the title changed from "Bus" or "Van" to "RV" there are a couple reasons why this would be beneficial to you.

1. Most likely cheaper insurance. Might want to call and check first with your insurance company.

2. Seat belt tickets.

3. Opened alcohol (open container)

4. Um. How awesome would it be to tell people you own an RV?! haha

The form you want is at the following link.

https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=5002

You need to print it off and have the police officer sign the affidavit

Send it off and in about 2 to 4 weeks you will get your new title.

I'm trying to help people find some cut and dried answers that i couldn't find when i tried.
After some annoying research, calling, emailing, contacting, etc. i thought id comprise it in one spot for some simplicity.
I'm jus tryin to help some people out cause i use to be in your shoes, let me know if this helps anyone that was searching for some answers.

Hey there!

Thank you for the form! What criteria does the bus have to meet to be eligible to transfer the title to RV?

Thanks!!
LtBattleBadger is offline   Reply With Quote