Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #11
Firearm's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 243
Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
The great things about short buses are that they usually seat less than 15 so there are no extra DL requirements and they usually have a van nose so they can be registered and insured as a 1 ton van. My insurance agent knows exactly what it is and had no problem with this.

On a side note, the only reason I didn't register mine as an RV is that I pull a stock car with it so the State Patrol considers it a commercial motor vehicle. In MN you cannot pull a commercial motor vehicle with a truck licensed as an RV, even a motorhome. You have to license it as a truck. Very stupid rules. Just something to think of if you plan to use it for anything other than an RV. Calling a State Patrol scale would yield you a lot of more useful information than calling the DMV.
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kansas laws/requirements katoranger Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 11 05-20-2018 07:05 PM
New York state laws Billsman Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 9 05-02-2018 10:05 AM
California CARB laws eddieifft Short-Bus Conversion Projects 1 12-13-2014 05:28 PM
california laws? wordsauce School Bus News 2 08-19-2011 01:47 AM
Ontario Laws and Insurance d_codebreaker Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 0 04-28-2006 07:32 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.