Old 11-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #11
Year: 1969
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 small block gas
Rated Cap: 60
Re: Michigan registration - IL resdient

I know this topic has been dead for a while, but I need to bump it back to the top since I'm having the exact same problem with the same state. The insurance agent I talked to in MI said I would need a valid MI license to get insurance there. She also said that Progressive doesn't do skoolie conversions. I assume I could just omit that fact and call it a motorhome, but I bet if I actually needed the insurance and they found out it was a skoolie they would not cover anything.

So how can I go about getting MI insurance with an NC drivers license?
smdesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
Bus Nut
Re: Michigan registration - IL resdient

convert it to a motorhome. it's a motorhome like a bluebird wonderlodge, not a skoolie conversion, it's all in what you tell people, they will think and believe conversion if that is what you tell them to think, if you tell them that it is a motorhome they will think motorhome.

just like the politicians and advertising people, tell them what you want them to think often enough and they will believe you.

sell it as a motorhome, title it as a motorhome, insure it as a motorhome, license it as a motorhome, use it like a motorhome, it becomes a motorhome.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote