Old 02-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks so much. That is indeed good news. I was worried I'd get it licensed in one place then have to go through it again when we move.
pcdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Beno View Post
I can assist here. Just converted 40ft Blue Bird Transit thru the MO system and when you get done they change the vin numbers ON THE bus to Special RV conversion vin number, the Highway Patrol removes the old on the bus and puts on the new, and it comes with a new title, so it is legal in any other state as an RV.
I am buying a bus in california and bringing it over to Missouri. I will not do the conversion till probably the fall/spring of next year. I just want the bus to be legal (titled, registered) have you guys heard what the process of just registerin , not as rv but just BUS at least so I can drive it and have it insured in the meantime. I keep getting different answers from dmv at jeff city first one told me needs to be a commercial tag, I told her but it has not seats and I am not transporting passengers. (I don't want a commercial tag cause wouldn't that make me have to have a cdl?) Second person told me "Under 40 person Passenger Bus" wouldn't that also make me have to use cdl since its registered as under 40 passenger..hell its only gonna have seats for 6 people.
Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #13
Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy
Rated Cap: 84
A bus w/o seats is a commercial truck and is insured as such, a bus w seats is a commercial vehicle under scrutiny as a vehicle that will hall customers for a fee, this is also what the insurance companies will tell you. You are screwed unless you get it to RV status, then things get much easier, especially insurance, my insurance has been $25 a month for the last 12 years through State Farm.
sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyrick View Post
A bus w/o seats is a commercial truck and is insured as such, a bus w seats is a commercial vehicle under scrutiny as a vehicle that will hall customers for a fee, this is also what the insurance companies will tell you. You are screwed unless you get it to RV status, then things get much easier, especially insurance, my insurance has been $25 a month for the last 12 years through State Farm.
I was referring for titling and registering , I think insurance will be commercial for private use. I just want to make sure I can get registered as bus ..what would they tag it as?
Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote