Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Nationwide & Auto Owners

I have the good fortune of having 2 very good insurance agents, one for my commercial policies (trucks), and one for my personal cars and motorcycles. It's kinda funny that neither guy can touch the others rates so I could combine it all down to one agency, but such is life. So in my quest to get our bus insured I first went to my personal guy who is a Nationwide agent. I had also just talked to the skoolies that live 1 block from me and they had just gotten theirs insured by Nationwide. Cool, should be easy. WRONG! Nationwide said no way. I asked my agent, Mike, to dig a little dealer since I knew someone else that had just gotten a policy through Nationwide. So he called and spoke with a bigwig in the underwriting department who explained that nationwide had recently. (like within the last few days) decided to stop insuring converted busses. Not only that, but they were working to find current policies and drop them. Food for thought that felt I should share.

Now my commercial policy for my truck is with Auto Owners,who were only too happy to let me add it as a second vehicle on the commercial policy. Dennis my otheragent even checked with their underwriters to be sure. Easy peasy. Hope some of you find the info useful.

muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Re: Nationwide & Auto Owners

the only way Nationwide would insure my bus was, if it was done by "professionals"
but for $777 they will insure it as a bus