Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Re: New (to me) Shuttle Bus - IA - couple of questions

In Sask when i went to SGI (Saskatchewan government insurance) they were all worried that I was trying to start up a bus company and that I was doing this for hire. So after many hoops and loops I found out that here if it is 13 passenger and less (including driver!!) then it can be registered as a converted heavy vehicle. Only restrictions (which are harsh..) is only immediate family, and cannot cross provincial/federal border!! so that is why I am going to go the RV route (pending on a couple people interesting in it). Then soon as I get that RV status, the restrictions are gone.

Also being yours is the next newer model then mine, I also have the 7.3 Diesel. Why it wont start yet it does on ether is the glow plugs are not working. either the plugs themselves or the relay for them or a controller. on a nice warm day it should start by itself okay.

should look on the bus to find out who the manufacture is. Will most likely be in the drivers door and look like so:

Also look all over the bus for dealership stickers, etc. Also above the driver inside should be a little door. might be something in there to. thats the relay and breaker box for the bus.

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote