Old 07-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #11

I went down to the quarry this morning. Nice guys but they said they're not "certified weighers" and the state will reject the slip. I don't think it's the first time they've been asked. Who knows if that's actually true but anyway.

I've booked a tow for tomorrow to take it to the CAT scale that's 30 miles away. I called a few places and found one that tows for the school districts and hospitals and quoted the lowest price. $125/hr. Which seems incredibly reasonable. Probably 4-5 hours max (taken from the time the wrecker leaves/returns to the yard). I'm happy about that price. I was expecting it to be more like $1k.

Funny thing was when I talked to him, he all but finished my sentences when I mentioned the fact that it was a conversion. I think they've done this a few times before.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll let you know how it goes. I will be glad to have this behind me.
biglarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #12

Year: 2000
Smile NJ weight slip follow up

How did the weighing work out in the end? Did towing there work and did you get a slip? Did you successfully transfer the title to an RV from a school bus? Would like to hear how this turned out!
PepeSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #13
Bus Nut

EC is right....DO NOT try plates from another vehicle. Here in Texas if you are caught, doing that, even with a trailer, they can confiscate the vehicle. That would surely screw up your trip to Burning Man.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Hey, im in the same exact boat right now !! Im fully converted and worried that i wont beable to pull this off ... what did you end up doing ?
Not4longNJ is offline   Reply With Quote