Old 07-25-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Bus Geek
Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
NM Registration Bus to MotorHome (RV Tag)

On a fully converted bus:

Insured thru National General with a fixed house address (was turned down when I had an RV park address) required pics, inside/outside to prove I had required toilet, cooking area, sleeping area.

Weighed at the local dump (I asked at the DMV/MVD where they wanted it weighed at... Local county landfill & local concrete plant were my choices)

At the tag office:
Took my SC title in, NM bill of sale affidavit (download of NM website & signed by seller), weigh slip, proof of insurance (also printed out a sheet with the insurance pics on it). Because it was an out-of-state title the VIN had to be verified in person AND it had to be inspected to make sure it had "all the stuff an RV has" which was a fast walk thru the interior.

After $$$ exchanged hands, I walked out with a NM tag and NM title.

This was in a small town. I do not know if this was typical. I did go in to the DMV/MVD on a slow day and asked what all was needed to tag/title as an RV/Motorhome. I put all the info together as a packet. I gave no "extra" info other than we had trouble getting the bill of sale affidavit signed by the previous owner of record and returned to us (to account for the large time gap between selling and titling).

This is just what I did. I do not know if it will be as easy for you or at a different office. I did this in Socorro, NM June 2016

(Note: I no longer post on this forum. If you have a question for me relating to this post, you will have to PM. That will send me a notification via email)
This post is my opinion. It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Fulltime since 2006
The goal of life is living in agreement with nature. Zeno (335BC-264BC)
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote