Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2020, 09:17 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
LOL marc talking down someone for bending the rules.. No comments there.. but, really??

nevertheless he is going to convert the bus so getting a motorhome title isnt exactly far fetched after all thats what its going to be when its finished..

yeah its pretty easy thus far for me to get them titles once I bring em home.. at least in columbus anyway..

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3L ISC - 315HP
Rated Cap: Lots of kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
There are few places that will just take your word for it that it's been converted to RV/MH status. While you have committed fraud with the DMV, good luck getting insurance for your MH because they will surely want an inspection.

There is no physical inspection or required proof needed! But there's probably another sentence on that form that says "Making false statements is subject to the penalty of perjury" when you sign that form. Don't do any of this, it gives the community a bad name.

Wait, it's right on the form you want to commit fraud on:
NOTICE: Falsifying an affidavit is punishable by fine and imprisonment (R.C. 2913.42).
Yup, you’re right! if you do this without actually converting it would be perjury. That’s why I suggested to keep at least the minimum requirements in the bus for it to be deemed a motor home (which is what I’m doing while working on the bus); however, it is nice that Ohio is a state that will take your word for it. It just is less hassle that way. I’m not trying to give the community a bad name, I’m sorry if it came off that way. I was more so just trying to outline the general steps for anyone who is new to the process, like how I was. I wasn’t sure if I needed to bring my bus for each step or not, hence why I stated if an in person inspection was needed at each step in the process.

Personally, Insurance has not been an issue - so far. After speaking with Kelly Newsome and having her hook me up with a local agent, I’ve been on a motor home policy. Maybe it will change, or maybe they will ask for proof. Either way my bus is home now where I can work on it. Although, it is just liability for time being and I may want to try and change that in the future. But that will be far in the future once the build is complete and I’m transiting more often.
Honeydipped is offline   Reply With Quote