Old 09-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: International
Chassis: AmTran
Engine: International DT466E 7.6L inline 6
Rated Cap: 84
It was also an out of state title, NY, so no notary was needed to buy, just a bill of sale. I think maybe that made it easier for her, thinking about it now
Brasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #32
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: corbeil
Chassis: ford e350
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke
I bought mine in NC and brought it over to PA on a temp tag.
Then I put the couple of things in to register it as a motor-home.
We needed a weight slip and after we talked with the inspector at the advanced inspection station wedecided to bring the gvwr back from 28000 to 26000. Just to avoid confusion with overzealous cops that would require a cdl. The inspection fee was about $160.
With that report we went to the tag place and registered it as a motor-home.

These procedures are so easy and so cheap ( imho) that is not worth taking risks with a $ 3000- $ 10000 vehicle especially not when an impound two fee is going to cost you a $ 1000.

The other problem is that if you push these loopholes in the law to far and to often they will close them up with pretty bad result from people that come afterwards. There are already forces working that like to eliminate skoolies and other alternative from the possibilities.

later j
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #33
Mini-Skoolie

You dont need a CDL in PA unless its for business.

If 26000 or more lbs, you DO NOT need a CDL, you DO need a class B non commercial endorsement added to your license.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasquatch View Post
There was nothing special done at all, she just listed the body type as SW instead of bus.
Do you have her info so I can contact her rather than going through someone who doesn't know what they are doing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #35
Mini-Skoolie

tech glitching...

Quote:
It was ron's notary on Alter st in hazleton, pa. I havent got her inspected yet, but I did ask my regular guy if he could do it since it was basically registered as a car. Sadly he said no, because it weighed over 18K or some amount it would need to go to a truck station, and referred me to a friend of his. I don't see it being any issue.
Hi, just saw this post you did and realized my phone was glitching and I couldn't see the notary name before. Glad I looked on my laptop. I hope I didn't bother you too much asking for the notary name. But I am interested in your guy for inspection. My bus is inspected from Virginia till march so I will have to get on that.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #36
Mini-Skoolie

solo

Quote:
Hey there! Heads up, another member from PA was touring with their band and got pulled over in PA, cops said they needed a CDL since they were a band, gave em a list of over 10 tickets, and impounded the bus. Just a warning! Our state sucks!! I was gonna message you too Tyler(Im James Allen Jr. on FB) and let you know to be careful! If you get pulled over tell em your traveling with friends, not a band!!
I'm not in a band, I'm a solo artist. My kids and husband will be with me when touring. So I could just say that and not mention that I am a singer touring if I ever get pulled over fingers crossed that never happens.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:41 AM   #37
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3
Having lived in PA nice thing about that state is the vehicle registrations are done by private businesses so they are much more customer friendly than the typical state run DMV. They are also everywhere so if you do not like the answer or attitude just go to different one.
jrtroubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynxie View Post
Hi, just saw this post you did and realized my phone was glitching and I couldn't see the notary name before. Glad I looked on my laptop. I hope I didn't bother you too much asking for the notary name. But I am interested in your guy for inspection. My bus is inspected from Virginia till march so I will have to get on that.
No bother, don't worry!! I actually havent got it inspected yet since I bought it. I wasnt gonna pay the money to do it just for it to sit while converting. When I get it inspected it will be at the local enhanced inspection station.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #39
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
No bother, don't worry!! I actually havent got it inspected yet since I bought it. I wasnt gonna pay the money to do it just for it to sit while converting. When I get it inspected it will be at the local enhanced inspection station.
Yeah I am planning on using mine while converting so I need to do it in march.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tags
air brakes, cdl, pennsylvania, title