Old 08-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
RDC

Year: 85
Pennsylvania Registration

Has anyone out there registered their bus in Pa as a private bus/truck or RV? What is required for a motorhome conversion title and who has to inspect the work? The Pa State website is not clear at all nor does it spell out what has to be done to get a title as a motorhome. They used to have a form but no more, call the DMV? good luck getting a person on the phone. My local tag agent wasn't much help either. Looking for a Skoolie who's run the gauntlet.
Thanks, Doug
85 Chev 366 Wayne
RDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9
Re: Pennsylvania Registration

Try form MV-426B as a starting point. I think you "modify" the vehicle from a bus to a motorhome. I also remember a different form requiring pics and 4 of 6 additions like separate heating/ac, cooking, bed etc. The vehicle needed to be inspected by a licensed rv inspector. I bought my bus already with a "motorhome" title. I was able to avoid this wonderful step. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.
beekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9
Re: Pennsylvania Registration

I found this from the MV-426B directions:
"Vehicle Type - If the vehicle type is a mobile home, "mobile home" should be specified in the "Other" block.Mobile homes do not need to be inspected by an enhanced vehicle safety inspector and an inspection sticker does not need to be affixed to Form MV-426B. A detailed description of how the mobile home was reconstructed must be attached to your application along with interior and exterior photographs. Your application must be signed by a certified document reviewer and forwarded to PennDOT for processing."

Can it be that they actually eliminated a step from the old form? I would attach receipt copies of everything I put in along with pics. I would verify that mobile home means motorhome. I have no idea what a "certified doc reviewer" is but they sound better to deal with than an "inspector."

I found these directions which specify modifying from bus to motorhome:
http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/ ... -recon.pdf
beekay is offline   Reply With Quote