Old 10-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #201
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
Well it's not definite yet, but definitely looking up.

I got ahold of Max (TN Redneck's insurance guy from a few posts back), dropped his name and said I wanted the same thing. He asked a few questions, asked for some photos, and it's with underwriting now so we'll see what happens. They wrote his policy so I don't see any issue getting mine.... it will be 81 down, 65 a month until it's done, then will probably go down. That's with titling and registering as a passenger vehicle like he did.

I'll update when I know for sure, and if the rates change significantly.

If it works out I might move my car and motorcycle insurance to there too, kind of keep everything under one roof.

EDIT: Max came through! Jasmine is now insured.
If you could retitle it as an RV without converting (reference my "How to register a bus as an RV without converting" thread) would it be any less of a hassle with these insurance guys? Something like, 'Hey, I'd like to insure my RV ...' instead of 'my bus'...
warewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #202
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
If you could retitle it as an RV without converting (reference my "How to register a bus as an RV without converting" thread) would it be any less of a hassle with these insurance guys? Something like, 'Hey, I'd like to insure my RV ...' instead of 'my bus'...
I don't know, it might..... only thing that might cause an issue is the VIN will still decode as a bus, no matter what the title says. Would be worth a try though.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #203
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Got a very appealing quote from progressive this evening for my suburban... Note that they do not consider multi-vehicle discounts for the commercial/personal bus and personal vehicles. The two policies are separate.
But, I would receive a multi-vehicle discount if I add the boat & suburban.
They have accident forgiveness discount, no accident anniversary discounts, and different tier level discounts.
And I was looking at only saving $116 over a 6 month to drop from full coverage ($1000 deductible) and going to liability only.
The suburban is my only personal vehicle, and I wouldn't be able to replace it with liability only insurance.

So, on payday... I'll be switched over 100% to progressive for all my vehicles.
I really like the auto-debit each month... My current insurance company is very hit or miss when they debit my account. My bus insurance debits the account flawlessly on the same day of month.

Just something for y'all to think about when using progressive insurance.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:45 PM   #204
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
they gave me multi vehicle when i added my second bus... and now I have multi-driver too.. no charge.. so If i chose to let someone other than me drive one of the busses on occasion, I could...

then again maybe because both busses are on the same policy?

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote