Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #1

Registering and Insuring in WY?

Hey all - wondering if anyone has registered their skoolie in WY? It's attractive to me because it seems they do not have a personal property tax (we live in the bus full time and as such can pick wherever we want to be "residents" - WY is also great for small businesses, so we'll be getting our mail forwarding services set up there).

What seems to be the process right now for registering a semi converted (we're going to FL to finish the bathroom, but have a kitchen and bedroom, just no plumbing) school bus? Do you suggest I register her as a non-commercial private bus, or as an RV?

I'll likely be going through AIS for insurance help so I can be sure I get liability coverage for her.

Thanks all!

bookbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:20 PM   #2

Hi! I know this was way back in 2017... not sure you'll even see this. But did you end up registering in Wyoming?! I am a Wyoming resident and am having an IMPOSSIBLE time finding anyone to insure my bus. Just wondering if you found any skoolie insurance agents in WY. Thanks for your time! If anyone sees this and has any tips for skoolie insurance, please let me know!
sapphosleap is offline   Reply With Quote