Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
Almost There

Send a message via MSN to glock17
i would think your current insurance should cover you for the trip home.

glock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

The only place I could find that insures skoolies is GMAC. This is how I went about it, mind you it's not the only way, but just the way I did it and it worked for me.

I first got an estimate for the vehicle I was looking at. This was for non-commercial bus insurance since obviously it hadn't been converted yet. I was very honest with them and up front about what I needed. When I picked up the bus from the bus company, I simply called GMAC and gave them the estimate number along with the VIN of the bus and activated the insurance on the spot with a credit card. They faxed my proof of insurance to the bus company, and I was on the road within 10 minutes fully insured and on my way to the DMV for registration.

Now this worked for me, but then I also have a CDL with passenger and airbrake endorsements so I can legally drive it without having to get it registered as a motorhome.

I hope this helps.
My Bus Blog (hasn't been updated in a LONG time)
AK-Brando is offline   Reply With Quote