Originally Posted by funnylookingcat
1. What type of licensure do I need to get from the state of Indiana to be able to drive an RV?
2. We will sign the title paperwork in Los Angeles. At that point, in order to drive it from Los Angeles to Indiana, if the license is obtained ahead of time, what other documentation will we need? Will we need to go to a DMV in LA?
3. I believe it's currently titled in the state of Florida. Will we need to re-title it once we bring it back to Indiana?
4. Will we be able to transport passengers in the bus? If so, how many? Is a special license necessary?
1. No special license is required to drive an RV. if it's already titled/registered as that, then you're already ahead of the game.
2. Sign the title. Just make sure you have it and a bill of sale, if Indiana requires one. Some states do, others don't. The only reason you might have to hit a DMV in LA is to get a temporary tag to drive it back to Indiana. Should be fairly cheap but it IS Los Angeles.....
3. Re-title like you would any other vehicle. That will be done at registration time.
4. You can transport up to 15 passengers (including the driver). Anything beyond that requires a CDL with passenger endorsement.