Old 11-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #1

Vt title- nh resident

Hello all,

I just aquired a 1993 international harvester 3700 (7.3 idi, 545 Allison tranny) 5 window long bus. The owner is giving me a title and Bill of sale. I have read the sticky about VT registering as a motor home and would like to do that to skip all the conversion inspection BS. My question is, should I send the title to NH to title it in my name, and the bill of sale (and copy of the new nh title in my name) to VT to get a transferable registration under motor home so I can then register it in NH and it will already be a motor home? Or send Bill of sale and title to VT, then re title and register in NH? I'm kind of unclear on how it will all work and don't want to screw up and waste money.

My end goal is to be titled and register in NH under motor home.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191008_174205.jpg (497.9 KB, 4 views)
IH3700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH3700 View Post
Hello all,

I just aquired a 1993 international harvester 3700 (7.3 idi, 545 Allison tranny) 5 window long bus. The owner is giving me a title and Bill of sale. I have read the sticky about VT registering as a motor home and would like to do that to skip all the conversion inspection BS. My question is, should I send the title to NH to title it in my name, and the bill of sale (and copy of the new nh title in my name) to VT to get a transferable registration under motor home so I can then register it in NH and it will already be a motor home? Or send Bill of sale and title to VT, then re title and register in NH? I'm kind of unclear on how it will all work and don't want to screw up and waste money.

My end goal is to be titled and register in NH under motor home.

Thanks!
Since its older you send a copy of the title and the bill of sale both to Vermont. On the Vermont form make sure you fill out motorhome 19 in that blank space.

What you should get back is a transferable registration. Bring that to the New Hampshire office. I don't know if you need the bill of sale or not at that point. The title you will not use anymore. NH will issue you a new title.

Now, I'm in Georgia. And all my stuff was sent to Vermont. I haven't gotten it back. So take it with a grain of salt but I'm 99% sure I did it correctly and I'm giving you correct instructions.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post
Since its older you send a copy of the title and the bill of sale both to Vermont. On the Vermont form make sure you fill out motorhome 19 in that blank space.

What you should get back is a transferable registration. Bring that to the New Hampshire office. I don't know if you need the bill of sale or not at that point. The title you will not use anymore. NH will issue you a new title.

Now, I'm in Georgia. And all my stuff was sent to Vermont. I haven't gotten it back. So take it with a grain of salt but I'm 99% sure I did it correctly and I'm giving you correct instructions.
So vt kept your title and Bill of sale? Did they take your money too???? From the sounds of it, the vt transfer is pretty bullet proof. Hope nothing goes wrong on my end. Are you sure they're not still processing it?
Old 11-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
So vt kept your title and Bill of sale? Did they take your money too???? From the sounds of it, the vt transfer is pretty bullet proof. Hope nothing goes wrong on my end. Are you sure they're not still processing it?
LOL sorry. They're still processing it. I sent it out last week it looks like they do the mail in registrations about once a month. The check hasn't cleared yet.

I sent a copy by the way. Not my originals. A couple of people said that was okay if the bus is 15 years old. Because at that age you're not actually getting a title back but a transferable registration.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #5

A copy of your filled out title? Like the one that was signed over to you? Or one that you had titled in your name by your state?
Old 11-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
A copy of your filled out title? Like the one that was signed over to you? Or one that you had titled in your name by your state?
The title I got when I bought the bus. From a school district in new jersey.

You don't have to make it difficult. Stop over thinking it. My state won't title a bus as a motor home. That's the whole reason for going through Vermont.

Leave your state out of it. You bought a bus and want to register it as a motor home in Vermont. Follow those steps in the very first post about it.

When that's done you will then own a motor home with a Vermont plate. If you want to then transfer it to NH go ahead and do that.