Bansil.............some of my boards are longer than the bus
Old 04-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Hey Jack --- Actually I have flown in a greenhouse nose. VP-42 out of NAS North Island had a couple of P2V Neptunes in 1962-63 that were a gas to fly in. I would volunteer for every available flight. Much more fun than the P5M Martin Marlin Flying Boats we had.

The PV's sported a pair of Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone engines that were the most powerful radials ever produced. Something 36 or 3700 ponies each. Then they hung a couple of small jet engines outboard just for fun.

The greenhouse nose was for the bombardier and the best seat in the house.

PS...I was NOT a bombardier. Just rode as "forward observer" while we chased Rusky subs up and down your coast.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Hey Tango. I wondered if you would pick up on my slight HA,HA. Really, I was trying to give you a back handed compliment about your youthfulness etc. --sure!

Actually, I'm jealous. The only cockpit I've looked out of was in a Cessna 150 back in the day when I was flying--well, now that I think of it a couple of Hueys the Dept had for S&R. Rusky subs? I thought they were Japanese? Ah, there's the perfect seg to get this thing back on track. The Isuzu motor that powers my skoolie, Honeysuckle Rose, is Japanese built.
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:21 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant View Post
Bansil.............some of my boards are longer than the bus
I....ugh....well then.....agh!

I have failed with board carrying.....so poo on it, throw them on top and where is the pig being cooked must save thread....

And to the others hanging out in the thread....I am misinformed as to who the old farts are?????

I know jap and Nazi stubs of east coast during WWII, so the potatoe distillers where off the left side during? Cold war era?

Sorry for hijack......
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:33 AM   #15
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
UP date on the Flxible Flxette Brakes are done and perfect. Runs and shifts perfect. 19.5 Budd Rims are on the way..............ans well as new tires.........19.5/8R 14Ply for the Rears.............and 235/70/19.5 for the fronts...........pick up end of May..........Drive it to Vegas and Put it into the Space my Crown is in: Head to Phelan for Buses gone Wild........and then head to the Coast............
Old 04-29-2015, 10:20 AM   #16
Bus Geek

Outstanding Moki --- but we want more pix. At least a few of us here think that is one cool looking little rig and want to see what you do with it.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #17
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Outstanding Moki --- but we want more pix. At least a few of us here think that is one cool looking little rig and want to see what you do with it.

Won't have pix until end of May..............when I take my "vacation" and retrieve, store, drive all the trouble I've gotten into since December.............Three buses to move so far..............and maybe 4 depending on how the Crown Shorty "project" goes............. It'll look pretty much the same............but it will be ready to head to the Coast. Will fly into Pueblo...........pick up the Flxette..........drive it to Vegas. Pull out the HP Crown........put the flx in its spot. Head to buses gone wild. Then North to Washington and pick up my Wahkiakum Crown. And get it settled in Gresham. Then head down the coast in the HP Crown for some fun. And of course lots of Pics along the way. Thanks Tango.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #18
Bus Geek

Forget the still pix...sounds like the making of a major motion picture you have working there!
Old 04-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #19
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Forget the still pix...sounds like the making of a major motion picture you have working there!
...........I'm hoping to get therapy by the end of the year. I thought when I picked up the 66 HP Intercity I would be out of this "game"..........

It's Like the Godfather. "Every time I think I'm out they just keep pulling me back in." I keep thinking I'd like to take it easy. But I don't know how to do it. If I can get the shorty up on the road and looking good that would be so awesome. That would go a long way in satisfying me.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:08 PM   #20
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: DT466 Trans: MT643
Rated Cap: 65
You're coming out to Pueblo, Colorado?
Instragram: @lookatthatbus
charles_m is offline   Reply With Quote