Old 05-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #81
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Chassis: VanHool T945
Engine: Cummins M11
Rated Cap: 47,000
I would want to go! Even though I don't have a skoolie, would I be able to get in? If it's close to west coast or 500 or so miles from Vegas I'm all go. I heard talk of Utah or Grand Canyon area would be cool - not sure how fancy you all like to camp, but There is also lots of BLM land north of Vegas like around apex (which also allows dirt bikes atv etc) and has a truck stop like 1 mile away and I think it's all public. Just thoughts
Offgr1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:11 AM   #82
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgr1d View Post
I would want to go! Even though I don't have a skoolie, would I be able to get in? If it's close to west coast or 500 or so miles from Vegas I'm all go. I heard talk of Utah or Grand Canyon area would be cool - not sure how fancy you all like to camp, but There is also lots of BLM land north of Vegas like around apex (which also allows dirt bikes atv etc) and has a truck stop like 1 mile away and I think it's all public. Just thoughts
Offgrid, your build is one of the awesome ones we all follow and admire! Coach, skoolie or van conversion are the same if you're building it yourself! It's all about being a self constructed vehicle to express your individuality and determination to learn and do it yourself vs. buying a factory built cookie cutter machine.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #83
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgr1d View Post
I would want to go! Even though I don't have a skoolie, would I be able to get in?
As I have said before, everyone is welcome.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME
Skoolie or Not
Vehicle or not

Hike in with your tent, and some water. We can figure out the rest.
Seriously, I plan on inviting some others outside this community that might have some interest in skoolies too.

My only requirement:
Unless you are female, and hot, do not figure on staying inside MY skoolie.

Awww, who am I trying to kid? If you are female, and have some of your teeth left, you have a shot. Bring some nice scotch if you are missing teeth or limbs.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #84
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
Well it seems like 95% of people on here live in houston or montana, so Hugo, Co is the halfway point.
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #85
Almost There

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: SafTLiner
Engine: CAT 3126
We're in, but we aren't going to be livable/registered/titled for probably 3 months.
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #86
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredman View Post
"...bring some nice scotch if you are missing teeth or limbs."

Literally "lol'd".

I'm game! I don't have a bus, but I do have about 30 hrs of PTO left and I agree that this could be a great opportunity to gain some knowledge and ideas for my future build... and have a kick ass time doing it! For what it's worth, I'm partial to CO plus it's fairly central. Seems as though Sept. or Oct. (when's Fall break, for those that have school to consider?) would be best to allow a couple of months for attendees to plan and give organizers time to coordinate.
his_dudeness1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:41 AM   #87
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
only issue with having the skooliepalooza in a place like colorado is that those who have busses which arent designed for running up and down the rockies are likely to experience delays, breakdowns, stress on the busses etc.. I think you need to have 2 of these,.,. one in the say colorado area for the westerners and then one fiurther east where those of us with busses made for more flat-ground and can run... 2 different times so those that wantto attend both could..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #88
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
only issue with having the skooliepalooza in a place like colorado is that those who have busses which arent designed for running up and down the rockies are likely to experience delays, breakdowns, stress on the busses etc.. I think you need to have 2 of these,.,. one in the say colorado area for the westerners and then one fiurther east where those of us with busses made for more flat-ground and can run... 2 different times so those that wantto attend both could..

-Christopher
Not ALL of colorado is mountainous.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #89
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I agree but alot of it would involve mountains for at least some of the crowd... we've already seen examples on here of busses that are perfect otherwise but choke or break in the rockies.... its a tough tough run for any vehicle... having a skooliepalooza east of the rockies and one west of them would help with that.. and those that have busses and confidence to run across the range could attend both...
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:11 AM   #90
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I agree but alot of it would involve mountains for at least some of the crowd... we've already seen examples on here of busses that are perfect otherwise but choke or break in the rockies.... its a tough tough run for any vehicle... having a skooliepalooza east of the rockies and one west of them would help with that.. and those that have busses and confidence to run across the range could attend both...
-Christopher
I could make it from FL to Colorado without having to cross the rockies. Colorado is ok till you get west of Denver, for the most part.
But as someone else mentioned earlier- here's the geographic center of the lower 48-