Old 04-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #51
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Eldorado (REV)
Chassis: Chevy Express Cutaway g3500
Engine: Turbo diesel 6.5L
Rated Cap: 14
Thanks for the suggestions. Where my son lives the laws are somewhat lax and I can park my shuttle in his driveway and stay there with no problem. Not on the residential streets though. My son says he has an extra room if I want it. And he has an extra car I can drive around locally if I want to use it. But I have to drive from NC to CA first. I plan to stay on the 40 until I get to CA. My son is going to help me finish my conversion. Then I will be ready to travel. Do I need a passport to drive into Canada? I have my application ready just in case.
Sharee100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #52
Bus Crazy

Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharee100 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Where my son lives the laws are somewhat lax and I can park my shuttle in his driveway and stay there with no problem. Not on the residential streets though. My son says he has an extra room if I want it. And he has an extra car I can drive around locally if I want to use it. But I have to drive from NC to CA first. I plan to stay on the 40 until I get to CA. My son is going to help me finish my conversion. Then I will be ready to travel. Do I need a passport to drive into Canada? I have my application ready just in case.
yes, passports are required now - I don't know if 'enhanced drivers licences' are available yet
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #53
Almost There

Coachwork: Eldorado (REV)
Chassis: Chevy Express Cutaway g3500
Engine: Turbo diesel 6.5L
Rated Cap: 14
Thanks. I will take my application in when I get to CA. They send passports back within a month.
Sharee100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #54
Skoolie

Coachwork: Me
Chassis: 2001 IC
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72
Things walk off

The post you all made about things walking off needs to be a considerable thought for the new skoolies out there. Two months after we started our build a new Magnum 4500 inverter and tons of 0/0 wire, tv, and all my hand tools were carried off by a sixteen year old boy. I had him on camera and the police still after a year have not found him or my belongings. Buses are easy to break into and you need to keep that in mind when and where you park yours for a period of time. The thief's are everywhere!! Check your insurance to make sure all your goods are covered.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laws, parking