Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #41

I would be in for almost whenever, not too far a drive from you.

Squid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #42
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: Chevy Blue Bird Mini Bird (P30)
Engine: GM Diesel 6.2
I'm probably down, depending on the time of the year. I'm planning on leaving the state before March, though, to travel the country
jacobszall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #43

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
We're in!

Hello! We are up in NC, but go down to Lakeland once every spring to visit family. We could schedule our trip around this meetup. Is it okay if we camp or stay at a motel? Our plan is to buy and convert a bus by next Thanksgiving, and move in full time. Definitely still in the research stage and would love to see at least one converted bus before we begin! Also, I am looking forward to meeting other people that share this new interest of ours!
Lizbitz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
We would like to come down south from PA. Since we have kids it would be nice to have it around school vacations. March 06 to March 10 would be perfect.
Thnaks,

later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Florida is my first stop when I'm finished converting...to see my sister and Mom. So it would be great/perfect to have the gathering there.
I have 2 weeks vacation coming and I'll be using ALL of that time working on my bus. Once I get this darn ceiling off (those rivets are a real pain and time consuming) I can get moving on it. On to the insulation and then working out my plumbing and electric! Remember, I have no clue what I'm doing 'cause I'm just a girl...in this world.....lol
Ohhh so much to do..........
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #46
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
Florida is my first stop when I'm finished converting...to see my sister and Mom. So it would be great/perfect to have the gathering there.
I have 2 weeks vacation coming and I'll be using ALL of that time working on my bus. Once I get this darn ceiling off (those rivets are a real pain and time consuming) I can get moving on it. On to the insulation and then working out my plumbing and electric! Remember, I have no clue what I'm doing 'cause I'm just a girl...in this world.....lol
Ohhh so much to do..........
Bring it down and we'll de-rivet it!

Its looking like SUPERDAVE is serious about helping me get this roof raised. I feel honored and humbled, he's a hell of a guy!!!
That said- he will be here early Feb.
How about lets shoot for then? Feb 10th??
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #47
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobszall View Post
I'm probably down, depending on the time of the year. I'm planning on leaving the state before March, though, to travel the country
Nice to see you posting again, haven't heard from ya in a little bit man!
Hows the bus?
Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #48
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Nice to see you posting again, haven't heard from ya in a little bit man!
Hows the bus?
yeah, man, I've been a bit busy with the bus troubles and everything. I needed a decent amount of new things, but the most expensive was all new tires (4 used, 2 new) which weren't easy to find (8R19.5 size). Plus I needed a new fuel injection pump. It all didn't happen at once, but within a few months of each other. I was going to leave last month.. but broke down. I'll stay till the beginning of the year, January, maybe February, working and saving more money.

When I start up north, I plan on chilling in Ocala National Forest for a week or so, I think.

How are you, man?

I haven't been on this site in awhile. I miss it. I never used to post much, but I'll try to be more active!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #49
Bus Geek

Quote:
yeah, man, I've been a bit busy with the bus troubles and everything. I needed a decent amount of new things, but the most expensive was all new tires (4 used, 2 new) which weren't easy to find (8R19.5 size). Plus I needed a new fuel injection pump. It all didn't happen at once, but within a few months of each other. I was going to leave last month.. but broke down. I'll stay till the beginning of the year, January, maybe February, working and saving more money.

When I start up north, I plan on chilling in Ocala National Forest for a week or so, I think.

How are you, man?

I haven't been on this site in awhile. I miss it. I never used to post much, but I'll try to be more active!
just avid the ocala natl forest in early feb. They have an annual meth convention out there. Or- if meth is your thing definitely head out there. Specifically Buck Lake. All the abandoned dogs and meth one could want out there that time of year.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #50
Skoolie

Quote:
just avid the ocala natl forest in early feb. They have an annual meth convention out there. Or- if meth is your thing definitely head out there. Specifically Buck Lake. All the abandoned dogs and meth one could want out there that time of year.
damn dude, I didn't know that hahahha
Old 12-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #51
Bus Geek

Quote:
damn dude, I didn't know that hahahha
Not the ENTIRE forest. Just get a good idea about anywhere out there you plan to stay. Pockets of it are downright unsafe, imo.
Between the meth'd out "hippies" at the "rainbow gathering" and the vicious rednecks and cops, feb isn't a good time to be out there in some areas. Especially if bus camping/dwelling.

The worst is the dogs that get left out there after every deer season. Come feb they are really pitiful, starved, and its hard not to take em home with you.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #52
Skoolie

Quote:
Not the ENTIRE forest. Just get a good idea about anywhere out there you plan to stay. Pockets of it are downright unsafe, imo.
Between the meth'd out "hippies" at the "rainbow gathering" and the vicious rednecks and cops, feb isn't a good time to be out there in some areas. Especially if bus camping/dwelling.

The worst is the dogs that get left out there after every deer season. Come feb they are really pitiful, starved, and its hard not to take em home with you.
I'll have to be cautious, then, do some research.. maybe still a night or two.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #53
Bus Geek

Quote:
I'll have to be cautious, then, do some research.. maybe still a night or two.
Stay out of the lake county parts, lake mack, lake katherine, buck lake...
Old 12-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #54
Skoolie

Quote:
Stay out of the lake county parts, lake mack, lake katherine, buck lake...
will do, thanks for the advice!
Old 12-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #55
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird - mini bird
Chassis: chevy P30
Engine: 6.2
Rated Cap: 36!
Quote:

maybe ima take this a bit to heart here, nut im happening to be headed to Ocala for valentines day to meet up with Rainbow family... To say that we are methed out hippies is downright wrong... have you joined or been a witness to rainbow family smoking or shooting meth?? those meth problems come from everywhere and is by all means not related to rainbow family AT ALL.. fortunately for anyone and everyone attending a rainbow gathering is free, but that also has a downside when something that big is a free event it also attracts the towns/states/ homeless people and addicts.

at most you will run into people freely smoking buds and maybe some hallucinogens , but again no one in the rainbow elders will condone mind dulling substances--especially meth.. or even condone any un-natural medicine.

but yes if you were un aware of the rainbow gathering thats where rainbow family meet up every valentines day to kick off the summer of free spirited humans embarking a summer long music, and sustainability gatherings. starts in ocala and goes throught the US till national gathering in july.
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:33 AM   #56
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler View Post
maybe ima take this a bit to heart here, nut im happening to be headed to Ocala for valentines day to meet up with Rainbow family... To say that we are methed out hippies is downright wrong... have you joined or been a witness to rainbow family smoking or shooting meth?? those meth problems come from everywhere and is by all means not related to rainbow family AT ALL.. fortunately for anyone and everyone attending a rainbow gathering is free, but that also has a downside when something that big is a free event it also attracts the towns/states/ homeless people and addicts.

at most you will run into people freely smoking buds and maybe some hallucinogens , but again no one in the rainbow elders will condone mind dulling substances--especially meth.. or even condone any un-natural medicine.

but yes if you were un aware of the rainbow gathering thats where rainbow family meet up every valentines day to kick off the summer of free spirited humans embarking a summer long music, and sustainability gatherings. starts in ocala and goes throught the US till national gathering in july.
It AINT like the real west coast gatherings. The meth heads out there at buck lake burnt down the forest and left poo holes everywhere. Shall I upload some vids?

Its a METH FEST out there. I'm VERY local to the area and have been. I grew up a deadhead. The "gathering" at buck lake is a scary bunch of meth heads. Sorry if you don't agree.
I've given Dragon a ride to the store before only to find out he was getting dry ice to make meth.

All this is why I warn anyone not from the area to avoid the "love in". Its a bunch of vile theives high on meth blasting Eminem out their stereos.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:39 AM   #57
Bus Geek

Rainbow gathering in Ocala National Forest has taken on a darker tone - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blo...rk-forest.html
http://www.alligator.org/opinion/col...cf33d597a.html
http://www.apalachtimes.com/1.448998

Or another from utah-

Quote:
But as officials in Utah learned this week, recent gatherings have also had a more sinister side, attracting a seedier crowd that uses all the anachronistic peace-loving as cover for drug abuse, theft, and violent crime. On Monday, Heber City police arrested a woman known by the Rainbows as "Hitler," who is accused of stabbing a man at the gathering's encampment. Authorities are also investigating the death of a 39-year-old New Hampshire woman who was found lying outside at the camp last week. Over the weekend, law enforcement agents said they were called in to respond to a drug overdose at the camp, and to reports that a group of "Rainbows" crashed a wedding on their way to the gathering. "They just went into the reception and started taking the food,"
Quote:
Although Niman insisted that reports of violence at the Rainbow Gatherings have been overblown, he conceded that as attendance has fallen off, the events have started to attract other drifters and vagrants who may not have come for the crystal worship and talking circles. "There's been a crystal-meth problem, a crack problem, a homeless problem," he said. "You'll start seeing kids from nearby cities—they have no place else to go, so they'll show up at the Rainbow Gatherings."
http://www.vice.com/read/the-dark-si...nbow-gathering

From a Rainbow forum-
http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic...t-scary-ocala/
Quote:
This year Ocala was not just shwaggy it was terrifying too. I saw much violence & personally had two friends hurt & saw a good family friend {a woman} who was punched in the face. How are people like that hippies. This gathering is being taken over by a reckless gang. I know a poor kid that was jumped by 9 gutter punk hippies who put a knife to his throat & took his picture telling him he was being banned from the gathering. All of the people in these examples were either taking or selling stuff like DOI & DOC & 2c- B. Now I know drugs can cause some problems, but who's right is it to police a gathering & tell people they cannot take anything except lsd or mushrooms. who's business is it really when it comes to whats good & whats bad. I used to enjoy going out & camping in Ocala, but you can count on not seeing me out there. I can not deal with a bunch of violent kids spreading misinformation & hurting people. I know alot of others who feel the same way. This is why alot of really good people tried to camp at free creek, and duck pond this year, only to get chased out by cops. it looks like eventually all the peaceful gatherers are going to get chased out & there will be nothing but psycho's & hooligans.
Even the santa claus types are getting violent nowadays-
Old 12-13-2016, 10:05 AM   #58
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird - mini bird
Chassis: chevy P30
Engine: 6.2
Rated Cap: 36!
just hit a bone when you termed meth and hippies in the same sentence because those are meth addicts and not hippies at all... i agree with the fact of how many outsiders and drug looking feigns these gatherings attract.

its a shame
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #59
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler View Post
just hit a bone when you termed meth and hippies in the same sentence because those are meth addicts and not hippies at all... i agree with the fact of how many outsiders and drug looking feigns these gatherings attract.

its a shame
Yeah man, it is a shame. I hope you don't think I hate rainbows. Far from it.
But I DO feel obligated to warn travelers coming to my area of the natl forest in jan/feb. The buck lake gathering is FULL of "drainbows".

There's a whole subculture that's grown in the buck lake area. They're violent, meth-fueled miscreants who call themselves rainbows.

I've got NO beef with the actual rainbow family. Not really my thing, either, but I get it. Probably a lot like the dead scene- it aint what it used to be.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #60
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
drugs are messing this country up, meth is bad enough here but the pill heads are taking over. no one wants to work, its just so messed up. i don't have an answer for it. so on to better things like a community roof raise and a community bus painting party, weather should be great. who in?
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote