Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2016, 08:56 PM   #61
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird - mini bird
Chassis: chevy P30
Engine: 6.2
Rated Cap: 36!
not at all, i just had to make it clear, i dont consider a hippie as a meth user, probably someone like a junkie.. hippies are free spirited, love love and spreading happiness, the others are just drug users who dont act like they give a **** about anything unless its in a gathering setting where they think they can do whatever they want.. carry it with you where you are not just where you go.

drugs(un-natural) are bad mmmkay?? yes they are tearing the country apart, but there are good side to some things.... lol.. here in iowa its crazy, meth is everywhere. i feel nasty living in "methland" US.. the bigger problems are those that reside in small urban communities. its flooding there.

“In truth, all drug epidemics are only in part about the drugs. Meth is indeed uniquely suited to Middle America, though this is only tangentially related to the idea that it can be made in the sink. The rise of the meth epidemic was built largely on economic policies, political decisions, and the recent development of American cultural history."
“If there was a chance to see the place of the small American town in the era of the global economy, the meth epidemic is it.”

^^^nailed it on the last quote.

i would love to come meet up for the east coast gathering, would be driving from NW iowa. the girlfriend has family in southern Florida and could make it ouyt before we see family. community roof raises are legit, i would love to help out and possibly start on ours? and painting is a must. <in

*edit heres just a little map to show reported labs per state and county.. florida looks pretty dark, so its got high numbers forsure.
Do you live near a meth lab? - CNNMoney

TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #62
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
drugs are messing this country up, meth is bad enough here but the pill heads are taking over. no one wants to work, its just so messed up. i don't have an answer for it. so on to better things like a community roof raise and a community bus painting party, weather should be great. who in?
You'll forever be my hero, Dave!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #63
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird - mini bird
Chassis: chevy P30
Engine: 6.2
Rated Cap: 36!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
If anyone traveling through FL (or located here) who could help with welding and fab on a roof raise, I'll pay you good $$$. Maybe we could all get together and do an amish style "roof raising"?!

i just saw this post... when were you thinking of doing it? i would be more than willing to help! Ive been welding for about two years now, working at a Tyson in iowa as plant maintenance
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #64
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Bring it down and we'll de-rivet it!

Its looking like SUPERDAVE is serious about helping me get this roof raised. I feel honored and humbled, he's a hell of a guy!!!
That said- he will be here early Feb.
How about lets shoot for then? Feb 10th??
the 10th it is, cant wait to cut someones bus in half!
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #65
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Chassis: Chevy Blue Bird Mini Bird (P30)
Engine: GM Diesel 6.2
if I'm free, I'd be down too!
jacobszall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #66
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
the 10th it is, cant wait to cut someones bus in half!
YAYYYYY!
Can't wait to cut my bus in half! The real joy will be putting those halves back together!!!

Any opinions, suggestions, and input from yall folks is welcomed and appreciated.

Would LOVE to meet you, TimeTraveler! Maybe we could put your skills to work, as well. The more, the merrier. You definitely should stop on over since you're already gonna be in the neighborhood.

BTW- I'm Charlie if anyone's missed my name thus far.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #67
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: international
Engine: t444e
Rated Cap: short
Cool will be there
syntaxterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #68
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I dont know much about cutting busses in half.. but would Love to come out and watch you guys cut a bus in half.. and I can reprogram the computers for anyone that wants things changed on their T-444E's or DT-466E's if they bring their bus..

I cant plan this far ahead with my work... I never know where I might be.. I do know now that dred is off the path that I wont go to Skooliepalooza in AZ..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #69
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I dont know much about cutting busses in half.. but would Love to come out and watch you guys cut a bus in half.. and I can reprogram the computers for anyone that wants things changed on their T-444E's or DT-466E's if they bring their bus..

I cant plan this far ahead with my work... I never know where I might be.. I do know now that dred is off the path that I wont go to Skooliepalooza in AZ..

-Christopher
Hopefully we'll see you and Dred and lots of others here in the sunshine state in Feb.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #70
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
I'm up for February 10th! I leave the following week (on a jet plane) for work in Nebraska for 3 weeks...

Are y'all on social media? I could make up an event. Are we talking about a full weekend Feb 10 - Feb 12? Will there be electric available? I don't think I'll have my generator by then.

Sandi

on Facebook: Sandi Sandelier Blankenship

www.thismidwifetravels.com
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #71
Bus Geek

Thanks, hmmm I'm not sure.
I'm not on Fb or any other social media. Lets just keep it more or less to folks from here. I feel like we all chat so often that a face to face with some actual bus construction would be a really cool time!
There won't be electric except an extension cord or two from the 115 outlets in the shed. Water is available, but everyone would have to share a couple hoses, there won't be any rv hookup type setups available at all.
Think ten acre cow pasture with a trailer and shed and another ten acre pasture. I figure we could use one of the ten acre sides.
We can have a nice central camp fire somewhere, and stores and supplies are close.
Full weekend sounds good! If anyone shows up a bit early or leaves a bit late it won't be any huge deal.
I'll even try to get a friend of mine to come play some live blues while we bbq.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #72
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Thanks, hmmm I'm not sure.
I'm not on Fb or any other social media. Lets just keep it more or less to folks from here. I feel like we all chat so often that a face to face with some actual bus construction would be a really cool time!
There won't be electric except an extension cord or two from the 115 outlets in the shed. Water is available, but everyone would have to share a couple hoses, there won't be any rv hookup type setups available at all.
Think ten acre cow pasture with a trailer and shed and another ten acre pasture. I figure we could use one of the ten acre sides.
We can have a nice central camp fire somewhere, and stores and supplies are close.
Full weekend sounds good! If anyone shows up a bit early or leaves a bit late it won't be any huge deal.
I'll even try to get a friend of mine to come play some live blues while we bbq.
LOL... I didn't mean a public event ;) I'd totally not want that either. I'm just so FB attached that I have the calendar linked to my phone and I keep things square there! No worries, I'm happy to keep it here.

I'll bring a long extension cord, just need to at least keep my fridge on and a teeny lil heater if it gets too cold! You are "up north" by us southern florida folk's standards

I'm am really looking forward to it. It will be WanderLust Bus first camping trip! Woot!!!

Sandi
Old 12-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #73
Bus Nut

For $150 a day you can rent out the whole doe Lake Campground on the south side of the Ocala National Forest. We just had a Jeep camp out there it was great. If you find a place to work on a bus for the Gathering I can bring my generator it will run some power tools.

Jeep, bus, repeat.
yellowxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #74
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj View Post
For $150 a day you can rent out the whole doe Lake Campground on the south side of the Ocala National Forest. We just had a Jeep camp out there it was great. If you find a place to work on a bus for the Gathering I can bring my generator it will run some power tools.

Jeep, bus, repeat.
For free I can leave it on the property its been sitting on, and I have access to a compressor, water, electricity, and a concrete driveway to park it on for doing the actual raise.
Good thought, though. Unless we need more than ten or twenty acres for the weekend!??
Old 12-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #75
Bus Nut

That's cool. What town?

Jeep, bus, repeat.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #76
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
LOL... I didn't mean a public event ;) I'd totally not want that either. I'm just so FB attached that I have the calendar linked to my phone and I keep things square there! No worries, I'm happy to keep it here.

I'll bring a long extension cord, just need to at least keep my fridge on and a teeny lil heater if it gets too cold! You are "up north" by us southern florida folk's standards

I'm am really looking forward to it. It will be WanderLust Bus first camping trip! Woot!!!

Sandi
I get ya, I was a bit confused. Last time we had a get together and posted it on FB, we had 300+ people and teenagers showing up trying to steal our kegs.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #77
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj View Post
That's cool. What town?

Jeep, bus, repeat.
Sorrento/Apopka
Old 12-15-2016, 05:01 PM   #78
Bus Nut

46 miles to Sorrento from my house I think. I'll talk to the wife. It would be sChOOL.

Jeep, bus, repeat.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #79
Bus Geek

Definitely come on out!
Even if its not on that weekend... Just anytime.

BTW- this roof raise will coincide with my 37th birthday!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #80
Bus Crazy

Quote:
I get ya, I was a bit confused. Last time we had a get together and posted it on FB, we had 300+ people and teenagers showing up trying to steal our kegs.
Oh my gosh! Yeah, I'm not into gatherings THAT big! Just some buses parked around a nice big fire pit, talking shop

Sandi