Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #41
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 669
Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Sounds fun....
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #42
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 254
Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
Itís not too bad here in Indy, I am working today and the snow is tapering off. Kept us pretty busy for a while though.

Bill
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #43
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 254
Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
Iíll firm up the plan on the bus get together in a week or two so people can make plans.

Bill
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:08 AM   #44
Mini-Skoolie
 
Roby8amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11
Year: 2004
Coachwork: Ford e350
Engine: 6L v8 Diesel
Happy to see thereís some fellow Hoosiers here. My wife and I just titled and registered our first Bus err... truck err... RV, yes RV! Anyways now we have to fight the temperamental diva that is Indiana weather during our build. Hope to set out by September. Look forward to getting to know you guys better in the next coming months. Iím sure like many before me, Iím green to all this and will need much in the way of mentoring. Anyways hereís to the much anticipated skoolie life
Roby8amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:49 AM   #45
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 2,090
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Where are you and what kind of bus/truck?
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #46
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 254
Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
For those who havenít seen the dates I picked


I have settled on the dates to the bus gathering at my house. July 12, 13, & 14th. I have scheduled the time off to make it happen.

I also created the event on Facebook if people want to confirm that they can come.

Thanks,

Bill
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #47
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 2,090
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
What is the event called on facebook?
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #48
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 254
Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
Skoolie bus conversion rally July 12, 13, & 14
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #49
Skoolie
 
Ciscokid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 128
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Me
Chassis: 2001 IC
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby8amy View Post
Happy to see thereís some fellow Hoosiers here. My wife and I just titled and registered our first Bus err... truck err... RV, yes RV! Anyways now we have to fight the temperamental diva that is Indiana weather during our build. Hope to set out by September. Look forward to getting to know you guys better in the next coming months. Iím sure like many before me, Iím green to all this and will need much in the way of mentoring. Anyways hereís to the much anticipated skoolie life

Welcome to the bus life! There are several great guys on here that will help you in every way possible. We have been full time since March last year and we love it. Indiana is cold but there are many ways to fight this. If you need any help reach out to us at anytime. We are in Southern Indiana (for today) but spend a lot of time near and around Indy.

Scott
www.skoolieadventures.com
scott@skoolieadventures.com
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #50
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 12,542
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltruckman View Post
Skoolie bus conversion rally July 12, 13, & 14

so this one is for converted busses only? im just a Bus guy.. mine all still have (and keep) their seats
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:37 PM   #51
Mini-Skoolie
 
Roby8amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11
Year: 2004
Coachwork: Ford e350
Engine: 6L v8 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
Where are you and what kind of bus/truck?
Oh duh, what a way to introduce myself.

Weíre in Avon Indiana right now and we just purchased a 2004 Ford e450 short bus with handicap door
Roby8amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #52
Mini-Skoolie
 
Roby8amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11
Year: 2004
Coachwork: Ford e350
Engine: 6L v8 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Welcome to the bus life! There are several great guys on here that will help you in every way possible. We have been full time since March last year and we love it. Indiana is cold but there are many ways to fight this. If you need any help reach out to us at anytime. We are in Southern Indiana (for today) but spend a lot of time near and around Indy.

Scott
www.skoolieadventures.com
scott@skoolieadventures.com
Thanks Scott! Definitely going to need some solid words of wisdom at certain points. As far as the cold. We plan to snow bird so to speak and come back to Indiana in those oh so rare moments when the weather is pleasant. Our daughter starts college in August and we plan to be here when we can to see her
Roby8amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #53
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
so this one is for converted busses only? im just a Bus guy.. mine all still have (and keep) their seats
Oh come on over
If I make it you can stay in my guest room
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #54
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 254
Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
Your bus doesnít have to be converted. But that is 3/4 the fun.😀
Bill
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #55
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 12,542
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltruckman View Post
Your bus doesnít have to be converted. But that is 3/4 the fun.😀
Bill

for me the fun is in restoring / rest-o-modding / and driving them..
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #56
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 271
Restroom modding ??
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #57
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 12,542
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Rest-O-modding is a term used where you do a restoaration with modifications.. ie you fix the rust, fix the seats, maybe upgrade the drivetrains, and in case of my red bus, swapped trans, installing fully digital cockpit, restored the A/C, refresh the suspension and turn up the power..



when I built my hotrod monte carlo years ago i restored the body and interior to near original for the period (upgraded it to a higher trim level),wheels original, then built a 500 HP stroker motor and paired it with a beefier rear end / Overdrive trans and added A/C so I could enjoy the car on the road more than the factory original 6 cylinder no OD, no A/C, vinyl seat car..
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #58
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 19,876
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Rest-O-modding is a term used where you do a restoaration with modifications.. ie you fix the rust, fix the seats, maybe upgrade the drivetrains, and in case of my red bus, swapped trans, installing fully digital cockpit, restored the A/C, refresh the suspension and turn up the power..



when I built my hotrod monte carlo years ago i restored the body and interior to near original for the period (upgraded it to a higher trim level),wheels original, then built a 500 HP stroker motor and paired it with a beefier rear end / Overdrive trans and added A/C so I could enjoy the car on the road more than the factory original 6 cylinder no OD, no A/C, vinyl seat car..
-Christopher
My 66 Beetle is a resto mod. Swapped the 1300cc 6 volt setup to a 1600cc with 12 volt. Interior is same pattern as stock, only in a custom tweed fabric.
Paint is stock style but in a Porsche red.
Seems restomod would be THE way to go with old buses since so much stuff is obsolete anyhow.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:33 AM   #59
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 271
I know what restromoding

Done concourse restorations 2nd and 3rd at pebble beach.

Just resromoding has a whole different meaning to me than just adding bits.

Still cool you are doing it.
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #60
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 254
Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
Yes, i get it. I do that with my army trucks.

Bill
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×