Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: Blue bird
Chassis: Ford B-700
Engine: Ford 6.6 turbodiesel
Rated Cap: 59
KOA Campground rules

When we made our trip to California in October, the KOA in Sacramento had the 10 year rule and did not allow conversions. They let us stay there for a limited time because the campground was almost empty. When we got back, I wrote an e-mail to KOA national and a week later got a response! Their story is that individual investors own the campgrounds and can make whatever rules they want. They are NOT required to list these rules in either the KOA sponsored directory or the commercial ones. Since that time, we have run into quite a few that have the 10 year rule. That means the '92 Alumalite 36' fifth wheel that I live in on the job site is not welcome either. I don't understand the logic of this, unless these owners have the mindset that they will cater only to the 500,000 dollar motor home crowd and exclude normal people. Let's hear from others...

wtom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: KOA Campground rules

I say make a list of these campgrounds and NEVER go to them... even if they change their rule. Eventually they will see business dry up and change their rules. If they don't want our money, thats fine I'm sure there's many other campgrounds out there that will be happy to take it.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: KOA Campground rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpand doggies
I ran into this alot in bullhead az many of the parks put in a 10 year old rule 2 years ago saying they wanted to keep there park nicer but after 2 years they seen there profits drop when the snow birds stop comming so many of them changed there rule

Also, with all of the BLM land in the area, people decided to Boondock instead of camping in camps. It serves the camp owners right!!
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote