Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Moving Down to Houston

Guys and Gals,

I am moving down to Houston, Texas in the beginning of September (job relocation) and I was wondering if there are any Skoolies that I can get in touch with.

I have a Crown and I'm planning on getting it ready for the beach, camping, and traveling by next summer.

Just want to know the attitute of the locals towards Skoolies, where I can store it, and availablilty of parts.

I'm also willing to help anyone on their project.

I'm also going to have to change from Roasting to Boiling

Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60
Big Bend NP

Don't know about Houston, but...

While you're in Texas - no, ASAP when you get to Texas - you have got to get out to Big Bend National Park in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay west Texas. (Trace your finger down the Tex-Mex border from the western "point" to where you come to a big bend in the Rio Grande - that's it.)

The place is awesome. Was 35 years ago when I was a tyke, and 10 years ago when I, my wife, my son (then 10), my brother (then 14), and my sister (then 16) paddled about 100 miles on the Lower Canyons of the Rio Grande (ending our trip on the second of July -- talk about heat!). You are smack dab in the middle of the Chihuahua desert, but you can get up into the Chisos mountains in the center of the park where it is nice and cool (relatively).
Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Big Bend NP

Thanks Eric, I'll try it out on my way to Houston. It should be easy seeming that I'll be traveling on I 10 out of Phoenix. Anyway, I need somewhere to rest a little bit.

Thanks again,

Robert
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote