Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Oregon —> Maine in January

Hi all!

My wife and I have a converted Bluebird, inside is outfitted with everything besides plumbing. We have been living in it full time on Sauvie Island outside of Portland, Oregon but due to family emergency need to move back to the east coast come January. Since the bus is our home and we aren’t sure if we will be coming back to Oregon we are wanting to drive it with us. We bought it a year ago and everything was “cross country ready” and we haven’t driven it since however our mechanic friend will be taking a look at everything next month just to be safe.

My question is - with us traveling in January is there a certain route anyone suggests we take? We don’t have a deadline we have to meet with driving back so time isn’t a concern to us. We have never driven it a long distance like that and just want to be safe with winter weather. Any advice is appreciated!!

pdxfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
84 was the recommendation to me for crossing the Rockies and my bus did well on it. I’d say 84 to 80 east. Then after Ohio head NE.
Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote