Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Re: Parking the bus - long term camping

sounds like a good location for a western bus meet to me!sounds like a great place

timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

I WOULD BUT THAY ARE TO BIG. THAY RANGE FROM 177 TO 362 Kb's. I HAVE ONE ON FRAPPR MAP THAT WILL GIVE YOU A IDEA. OR YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I CAN SEND YOU SOME MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS LISTED UNDER CAMO-MONSTER.

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
Almost There

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 8.2L Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 54

Hey I like the idea of a campground for Skoolies only - forget the yuppies with their fancy RV's. It would just be a place where we could park them for as long as we want. It would have a central gathering location with a small stage for local bands to come and play on occasion. Someone ought to start one around Kansas City... or maybe I should, huh?

-Adam
arfisher83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #24
Almost There

Coachwork: na
Chassis: na
Engine: na
Send a message via Yahoo to drchefscott

WOW you guys & gals are a wealth of information. Have many of you found skoolie issues at campgrounds? Have you had where you were refused at the gate once arriving? Cypress Cove (http://www.cypresscoveresort.com) in Kissimmee Fla. has confirmed they welcome Skoolies if you prefer clothing optional. Hense my soon-to-be babies name.. Au Natural!!
drchefscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #25
Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: ward flat nose
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466 mt643 air ride
Rated Cap: 84

I've got 8 acres one hour south of OKC and any skoolie, passing thru or in the area are more then welcome to boondock here. Just pm me first so I can give you directions and open the gate.
kotflb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #26

Please excuse me for my ignorance, but I cant understand why anyone would want to spend the money to stay in a campground. Ive been living in a 66pass. for like 6 months with my girlfriend, 1 lab, one cat, a three year old little girl, and now a puppy. we have never once pulled into a campground. we did look into a few but there was no way we could be crammed into a spot with another camper like 4 feet from us. dont get me wrong, im not criticizing campgrounds i just feel like they are over priced and almost communist with there rules. I mean, come on , is there anyone out there with me on this one. we have stayed a lot of different places and in all of them we have had space and freedom (so much space we threw away the power wheels and got our little girl a 2.5hp gocart). Some of the campgrounds wanted more money a month than i was paying in rent. I mean, why live in a school bus if an apartment is cheeper? If there is anyone out there who is really looking to live on the cheap, give a national forest a shot.
vegadog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #27
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegadog12
Please excuse me for my ignorance, but I cant understand why anyone would want to spend the money to stay in a campground. Ive been living in a 66pass. for like 6 months with my girlfriend, 1 lab, one cat, a three year old little girl, and now a puppy. we have never once pulled into a campground. we did look into a few but there was no way we could be crammed into a spot with another camper like 4 feet from us. dont get me wrong, im not criticizing campgrounds i just feel like they are over priced and almost communist with there rules. I mean, come on , is there anyone out there with me on this one. we have stayed a lot of different places and in all of them we have had space and freedom (so much space we threw away the power wheels and got our little girl a 2.5hp gocart). Some of the campgrounds wanted more money a month than i was paying in rent. I mean, why live in a school bus if an apartment is cheeper? If there is anyone out there who is really looking to live on the cheap, give a national forest a shot.

I understand where you're coming from, but when you're in a town that has no boondocking locations and you need to park more than one night, a campground might be your only option.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #28
Almost There

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA 360, Fuller 6-speed
Rated Cap: 53

You just need to move from Wal-mart to Wal-mart.

What I don't know is why someone with 640 acres is renting camping space--or paying for RV storage. In Europe you have a one-acre campground and 500 people will be packed into it. We have 20 acres and all of our camping involves sightseeing or visiting relatives. We have giant fires and camp in our yard constantly.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegadog12
Some like being around & meeting other people, many like the hook-ups (lol, not with the campground wimmenz), swimming for the kids, showers, fishing/boating, security (of sorts).

I'm with you, though I grew-up in campgrounds but will be looking to avoid them "most of the time", but I may still visit a few, off-season. Different strokes........

Smitty
the rv park i'm in is only $220 with $40 for power so $260 which is better then any rv park in walla walla.

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote