Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #101
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
Do you recommend Auburn Freightliner?
Looking for a place to do a tune up on our bus we just bought 2000 bluebird all american rear engine.
Would you let us know if there is a place you'd recommend for a tune up, possible alignment?
I am not who you asked, but figured I would share my experience. I had this bus towed to Freightliner NW specifically for the ZF transmission. After they used their diagnostic tool, they told me they could not help any further. They mentioned an overheat code, but I don't think they noticed the state the tranny fluid was in. They also mistook the transmission as an Allison, even though I told them it was a ZF. It took another mechanic asking them certain questions to correct them. I then had it towed to Pacific Torque and they noticed the fluid and expected a failed tranny. However, I believe Pacific Torque isn't treating me right either. I've only spoken with a guy from TEC Equipment once, but they seem ok so far. I'll have more to add the more I deal with them.

Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:39 PM   #102
Skoolie

Just a warning about Facebook Marketplace. I posted the ad on there about a week ago. I just realized today that there is a random bug for certain accounts that will not show your items to the public. It shows in My Selling Items, but no range of searches show the item. I sent a help message, but who knows what will happen. Anyone mind trying to post? I can copy everything so you just paste and post with no effort. No problem if not.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #103
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinson View Post
Just a warning about Facebook Marketplace. I posted the ad on there about a week ago. I just realized today that there is a random bug for certain accounts that will not show your items to the public. It shows in My Selling Items, but no range of searches show the item. I sent a help message, but who knows what will happen. Anyone mind trying to post? I can copy everything so you just paste and post with no effort. No problem if not.
They fixed the issue pretty quickly. I guess there was no support for awhile giving people with the same issue no solution. They must have changed that, so if you run into this issue use "Report a Problem".
Old 08-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #104
Skoolie

Update! I spoke with Bill at TEC Equipment again. He told me another transmission model/type would probably not work as far as he has heard. The one ZF that is on ebay is "thought" to be operational and has a couple cosmetic issues. I don't think I want to take a chance on getting it shipped there and hoping it works out. I am exploring all possibilities to see what I can get out of the bus. Bill called a few scrapper friends that will probably cut up and/or separate the materials for max value. I am waiting for a figure from them, but expecting a low number. I had a few people interested in the CL ad, but the facebook ad is messed up once again. I am not sure if the ads will gain anymore traction. If you know anyone that would be interested in acquiring the bus, I will entertain anything above what the scrappers will give. Whatever loss I have added to a future purchase may put me in a better situation considering flights/fuel to get it home after all this.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #105
Skoolie

New thread that turned into more discussion: http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/ne...5-a-23784.html