Old 02-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Skoolie Traveling 101: the fuzz,etc??? Opinions welcom!

"the side of the road is not the place to argue..."
http://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Almost There

Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester

I understood you were not going to be drinking and driving. My point that I was trying to make, that even when I reread my post didn't come across clear, was that if you have any drinker in the rear that cant keep his **** together and not be an obvious drunk. Then you are going to be taking a lot of risks of getting pulled over.

An example I'll give you was when I was in the military on a temporary duty assignment. The unit I was with had rental vans from the base. The vans all had gov't tags on them and were there for the specific purpose of being used by the temporary guys that were on the base. I was volun-told to be DD for some of the younger airmen that had a rep of not being able to hold their alcohol out on the town that night so that. It took one guy thinking it was funny to be obnoxious to other drivers while we were heading back to base for us all to end up in jail waiting for our commander to bail us out. The police had nothing on me. I had zero alcohol in my system. The police dash camera proved that no one changed places with me once the van was pulled over so they couldn't say that we had switched to a sober driver. But I still was handcuffed and I still spent the night in jail.

I think the question is not "How do I get away with it if I'm gonna be pulled over?" But "Can I trust my buddies to be able to hold their liquor and not act like an idiot to get my ass arrested." It all comes down to if you want to risk it. Like has been said earlier, the drinking can wait til you are stopped. If it can't then your buddies have issues.
RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
Almost There

Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester

I also wanted to add that the reason I mentioned the vans was that the police were already looking for those vans because of previous experience with drunks. Which will also be your case because you are going to look like a tailgate/ party-bus and the police pay attention to those. Being a bus full of college-or-so age guys is going to be enough for probable cause to some cops. It may not be right but it is how it works.
RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Get on Facebook and read this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/busnuttn/ The question posed was this: "Question ; Does the DOT or State police have the right to come on the bus and search the bus even if the reasion for stopping you was something else. With out a warrent." [aside from the spelling, its good].

Make it a dry and smoke free bus. Here is your chance for you all to act like responsible adults and be a good example. ;)
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

I wouldnt advertise something you are not! although my bus has a good slogan in the rear window :P

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.7 L 3116 CAT V6-Inline
Rated Cap: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff
I wouldnt advertise something you are not! although my bus has a good slogan in the rear window :P

hey now thats pretty good! very simple & sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhays
Quote:
Originally Posted by telluriders
Additionaly, i was tole that if i put a partition with a door behind the driver seat that it would need a warrant to even be opened, nor could i be accountable for the activities within (kind of like a limo driver.) Just wondering, tryin to learn some stuff!
thanks!
-jake
Like this?
That looks great!!! Did you construct that with the intent of providing privacy from boarding pigs?! haha
telluriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Bus Crazy

Where is the donut bar?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

heck of a divider. but sucks for who is driving!

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote