Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
Bus Nut
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Barrie ON
Posts: 423
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
The Adventures of Daisy-Lynn

Well, I figured I should start up a thread now that we are driving our rig and that we have named her. So Daisy-Lynn has survived her maiden voyage and the initial camping trip with my 4 kids. So we almost had the entire troop in the rig, just missing the oldest boy.
Pre-departure from Goose Bay



There was still some odds and ends to add in and then I had to tie everything down. but it all survived the crappy section of remote Quebec road.

So here she is, at the campground in Long Sault. The campground was nice, decent little beach, good amenities and activities.




We scattered some roadside nights, with campgrounds, and hotels. We did Quebec City and watched a changing of the guard at the Citadel



And again in Belleville and we hit up Trenton's Ribfest for a sampling and some axe throwing.



Pre-departure for the 3 day weekend trip with the kids


you can see how much more liveable it looks




We stayed at an RV resort in Keene Ontario for our 3 day weekend with the kids. They had a great selection of activities for the kids and adults alike, an adult pool and a kids pool. This was a separate excursion the first weekend after we arrived in Borden. We received a reasonable amount of attention on the trip and during our camping, but at the RV resort we actually had people ask to see the inside. Whereas most other places/times, they would just talk about the bus and ask some questions. I however was too immersed in hanging out with the kids to remember to get some pics of the campsite.

We seen one other skoolie while we were travelling but we were driving and never got a pic of it.
__________________
Yukon

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,004
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Well, I figured I should start up a thread now that we are driving our rig and that we have named her. So Daisy-Lynn has survived her maiden voyage and the initial camping trip with my 4 kids. So we almost had the entire troop in the rig, just missing the oldest boy.
Pre-departure from Goose Bay



There was still some odds and ends to add in and then I had to tie everything down. but it all survived the crappy section of remote Quebec road.

So here she is, at the campground in Long Sault. The campground was nice, decent little beach, good amenities and activities.




We scattered some roadside nights, with campgrounds, and hotels. We did Quebec City and watched a changing of the guard at the Citadel



And again in Belleville and we hit up Trenton's Ribfest for a sampling and some axe throwing.



Pre-departure for the 3 day weekend trip with the kids


you can see how much more liveable it looks




We stayed at an RV resort in Keene Ontario for our 3 day weekend with the kids. They had a great selection of activities for the kids and adults alike, an adult pool and a kids pool. This was a separate excursion the first weekend after we arrived in Borden. We received a reasonable amount of attention on the trip and during our camping, but at the RV resort we actually had people ask to see the inside. Whereas most other places/times, they would just talk about the bus and ask some questions. I however was too immersed in hanging out with the kids to remember to get some pics of the campsite.

We seen one other skoolie while we were travelling but we were driving and never got a pic of it.
your conversion looks very cozy, comfortable and homey - nice job and lots of pre-planning went into it, I can tell
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,730
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Well must welcome Daisy Lynn and YC and family to Ontario.


Sorry we couldn't/didn't meet in Trenton, 1/2 hour from me. Ribs looked great!


Good luck in your new endeavours here and hope you can find another shop when needed.


Happy to hear DL made it with no issues to speak of, she is looking awesome YC!


John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Barrie ON
Posts: 423
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
your conversion looks very cozy, comfortable and homey - nice job and lots of pre-planning went into it, I can tell
Thanks buddy, we are happy with what we have completed thus far and think we have a good grip on the way things are going to be.
__________________
Yukon

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Western Oregon
Posts: 453
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
Great job, looking really good so far. I'm curious though. Are you putting the wiring mostly on the one side? Is that why the area just above the windows looks different between the 2 sides?

I'm thinking about putting all, or at least most, of my wiring above the windows on one side of the bus, and cupboards above the windows on the other side. So I'm wondering if there's any reason why I shouldn't concentrate the wiring like that.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,004
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Thanks buddy, we are happy with what we have completed thus far and think we have a good grip on the way things are going to be.
probably best to do a trip like you did before everything is chiseled in stone so you can still make changes if needed
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #7
Bus Nut
 
Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 989
Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Looking good. I can see that the wood work is going to be really nice once varnished/finished.

Our first trip was with a finished bathroom, functional kitchen, and a futon for a bed. we are still adding details even though it is mostly done. I think they are always a work in progress.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,551
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Too busy looking at the guards hat to notice that wasn't a dog with him, wasn't till I saw the horns in the shadow that I realized he is guarding a goat.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #9
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Western Oregon
Posts: 453
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
It's been quite a while since I went to QC, forty years at least, so it's fuzzy, but the goat is very historical, regimental mascot, I don't remember the whole story. Kind of a French/English/Scottish thing.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #10
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,004
Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
It's been quite a while since I went to QC, forty years at least, so it's fuzzy, but the goat is very historical, regimental mascot, I don't remember the whole story. Kind of a French/English/Scottish thing.


https://www.thestar.com/news/world/r...rld_proud.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg goat.jpeg (60.5 KB, 3 views)
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.