Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

I live in an apartment and fortunately I'm able to keep my bus here. Its like I have my own personal spot for it. Its just one building with 12 units so its not a big place. We have a decent yard on the side where we have a garden and a fire pit. And I park along side of that.

Blueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Our farm- Ckmeatclub.comWe have a Bacon Bus and plenty of space- off grid and living it-
Dirtdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Mine is in a little commercial warehouse I share with an artist buddy.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #24
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdoctor View Post
I’m looking for someone to helpOn the farm- we have space for parking and living quarters- San Benito California
What work skills do you have??
What kind of help do you need?
Old 11-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
What kind of help do you need?
If its a marijuana farm im in
Cap7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #26

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 3800 DT 466E
Rated Cap: 65 passengers
Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdoctor View Post
I’m looking for someone to helpOn the farm- we have space for parking and living quarters- San Benito California
What work skills do you have??
@dirtdoctor we have organic farming experience, animal husbandry, both domestic and wild, and livestock experience. Possibly could be interested if the hours and deal were right. Please email me more info pete732@msn.com
Dognose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:57 AM   #27
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap7 View Post
If its a marijuana farm im in
That sounds dreamy!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: International
Chassis: AmTran IS3009
Engine: Cummings DT466
Rated Cap: 27
just to clarify, you're wanting info on where we parked our skoolie while we were converting it? or where we currently find parking for free?
simplyusandabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:22 AM   #29
Skoolie

Great question. Both.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
Where were you most successful with BLM land? Where did you like to go?
Most successful and blm land I liked the best is Lake Havasu, AZ. Either side of town has a stretch of BLM land, 20 miles apart, so you can switch between the two sides indefinitely. Plus, Lake Havasu is beautiful!
DeanyOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #31
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanyOscar View Post
Most successful and blm land I liked the best is Lake Havasu, AZ. Either side of town has a stretch of BLM land, 20 miles apart, so you can switch between the two sides indefinitely. Plus, Lake Havasu is beautiful!
That sounds nice for the winter!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: International
Chassis: AmTran IS3009
Engine: Cummings DT466
Rated Cap: 27
what we did and what we're doing...

before buying our bus, we researched our local laws regarding parking. we found that in our city, we could legally park an RV on our property with the following restrictions. the vehicle could be no longer than 30'. the vehicle had to be parked on concrete but NOT in your driveway. it also had to be registered. we happen to already have the second taken care of. behind our house, we have a 35'x35' slab of concrete between two garages. and it is off the alley, so it's considered a parking area, not a driveway. when we started looking for a bus, we made sure that we found a bus that was 30', no longer. and we did just that, a 1999 international amtram genesis model. it was 30' not including the mirrors that suck out front of our flat front bus. so we were good there. regarding registration, we needed to do a bunch of work before getting a new title and plates, so we backed the bus up as far as we could and crossed our fingers. for the first three months, nobody cared, but then our late nights of working on our bright yellow bus must have gotten to be too much for a neighbor. instead of coming to us with her concerns, she call the city's neighborhood standards department. we received a letter about our bus and they insisted that we move the bus. we made a very polite phone call and worked it all out. there was nothing on the books preventing a school bus from being there as long as it had plates. my polite phone call got us a 45 day grace period to finish up the necessities and get re-titled as a motor home, and then we got our RV plates. i called neighborhood standards about every two weeks and updated them -- it ended up taking more like 60 days but we never go another letter. my point is this -- what goes around, comes around. karma. if i would have had an attitude with the city, it would have gone no where. we had the bus there from november 2017 - june 2018 when we finished the bus and left.

for the first two months on the road, we parked mainly in rest stops, parking lots and just pull offs from illinois to washington/oregon and back. we were never harassed or asked to leave, except one starbucks parking lot in seattle -- but that was at like 3am by some over zealous security guard. our favorite spots were just off the beaten path, finding a pull off or really wide shoulder along a river or lake.

we did stay in one RV park near seattle, but besides that one time, we didn't pay for anywhere we stayed.

seattle and portland were easiest, we parked on the street in hip neighborhoods and always introduced ourselves to that homeowners that we parked in front of, letting them know that we were just there for a few days and that we were a family seeing the country. it always worked out.

we stayed on a mountain top pig farm outside of portland for a week or so...

we're currently in north carolina. a friend of a friend lives just north of asheville on 3 acres of land and he was nice enough to let us park here for 3 months. we have access to 110 power, and a hose to fill the fresh water with spring water...
simplyusandabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:15 AM   #33
Skoolie

If you are looking for land to buy? I've been looking on these sites myself.

ruralvacantland.com

landwatch.com

landandfarm.com

craigslist.com