Old 04-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 17

Here's the planned paint job. Thinking of doing it with Oliver Green Valspar tractor paint. Leaving the roof white, with all those windows, it's really not a whole lot of surface to cover. I've read through some of the threads, but do any of you havetips and tricks to make our lives easier? Suggestions of things that would be easier or better?
Dinerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Finished up framing the cabinets yesterday- again, pardon the weird photo-stitch stuff going on.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

I got some more storage roughly framed out yesterday, which hides the toilet (Nature's Head composting), provides a large storage space to the left and has a padded top for some additional seating. The backside has a flip-out tabletop for outdoor dining when the (former) wheelchair doors are opened. Now to clean it up, trim it out, install hinges, handles, vent hoses, etc. I'm rushing to get all the rough cut build-out done while I still have access to the nice shop through school.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #14
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
I decided to put my outhouse in a tip out.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Now that we've both finally graduated (Masters of Architecture for me, Bachelors in Photography for Alex) I've finally had more time to devote to the bus. The interior's gotten its flip-up underbed storage built, as well as its headboard. We decided to keep the awkwardly placed original heater in the back of the bus and built a chimney of sorts for it so that it can properly vent and keep the back warm. I've almost finished the cabinets, doors are on, shelves are in, vented airtight box for the propane's built, etc. I'll shoot some more of that later once I get some of the trim pieces screwed on.

Today we put a coat of Oliver Green tractor enamel on it. Eventually got the hang of it, a few lumps and bumps and drips, but looks good enough from ten feet and is a massive improvement over the original blue swooshes. Starting to look and feel like us.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #16
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight-shaker (Freightliner)
Engine: Cat 3126b 250 HP
Rated Cap: Only 1 seat
Your vent tube for the heater, does it have a fan on it to help promote full cab dissipation?
Old 05-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

It doesn't, but there is an upward facing fan built into the heater itself- there are a couple other heaters in the (small) interior area- this is more like an old fashioned radiator cover, an oversized box with a large vent. As the bed came together, we realized that it would be way easier to just put a vent in than the mess around with pulling the heater, tracing back all the wiring and coolant hoses through the spray foam that the state of Montana put under the back. With the route we've chosen, we're not anticipating needing it (and when we would, we wouldn't have the engine running so it wouldn't make any difference). I wanted to wait until it was filled, trimmed, painted- still kind of rough back there at the moment, but here it is, along with the bed lifting hardware and an update on the overall state of things inside. Still a ways to go, but we've got guests coming in two days and need it at least somewhat campable by then.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:10 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

More progress. Carpet in, curtain rods in, bed in, trim painted, a bunch of work on odds and ends.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 PM   #19
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Nice progress dude. Looks like you're on a schedule. I like it. Don't you wish the windows were a little higher? I know I sure do.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:38 AM   #20
Bus Nut

Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
My heater fan blows air through the heater core and out the bottom. Is yours the same? Maybe I'm not understanding what your vent is for?
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote