Old 01-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3300
Engine: T-444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstewrat3 View Post
I just picked up this same model down in Memphis, TN and will be keeping an eye on how your conversion goes. I really like the size of these buses and the only things I would have preferred is a DT466 and a OD transmission.
It drives great! The size is really nice for driving around. It will be a squeeze to get everything I want inside, but I like the challenge of living as simply as possible!

Mine also had a tow hitch installed when I bought it. The previous owner used it to haul around the hot rods he worked on. So I know it can pull plenty of extra weight if I decide I need a trailer or want to tow a ride-around vehicle. I'm not sure what the rear axle is, it appears to have been replaced.

Looking more closely at pics online, I think I may have lucked out and got the MT643 transmission.

I was hoping to find a DT466 too, but I'm fine with the T-444E as an alternative, especially since mine is relatively low mileage. I haven't taken her on a long trip yet, but the seller drove it about 400 miles to get it to me, and before that had taken a trip from Michigan to Florida without any problems.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote