Been playing catch up on some of the "little stuff" since I am still waiting on some major metal. My contact at the sheetmetal shop's Dad died suddenly so I am understandably not expecting a lot of movement on the big pieces I need and not going to press the issue right now. Bad story there.
Anyhow, I did manage to get a few things done this past week. I am going around the bus with seam sealer and closing up any & all gaps inside & put. Began the process of working out the details on the new driveshaft I have to build. Also started locating the big (heavy) Isuzu NPR steering gear box. It promises to be...interesting. And in keeping with the rules here...pix follow.
Oh yeah...and I did find the gas pedal I want to try and use.
Seam sealer around the window deletes (and many other places). The OEM variety is pretty awesome stuff.
All around each inside body panel too.
Fitting this steering gear is going to be tricky. The original was inside the frame and much further forward. Mongo here goes on the outside and will require a couple of u-joints and a lot of chopping on the drag link to make work.
And, last but not least...(drum roll please)...
Any drummers in the group will recognize this...a vintage "Speed King" bass pedal. I just couldn't resist trying to figure a way to hook this puppy up to my throttle.
Lots more detail stuff done that's not worthy of pix so I am still plugging away. But I REALLY do need a couple of the big items to show up soon. Until they get here, I can't really screw up anything else important.