"Uhhh, Houston. We have a problem."
And it is worrisome. The custom door that I spent months working on no longer fits properly. It has been sitting...make that..standing, for about a year and when I went to begin actually installing it discovered it has somehow torqued out of shape and will no longer lay into the opening correctly.
I checked it after every procedure and it fit perfectly every time. Now...one side is out about 3/8th of an inch. Or as my sheetmetal/fabricating guru calls it...it is "racked". My term for it was also in the past tense, but not nearly as polite.
I cannot start over on that monster, so now I have to somehow figure a way to lock it down and "rack" it back where it should be. And I cannot screw up the opposite side while doing it or I'm really screwed. The thing that made it such a bear to begin with is that my antique bus does not have straight sides. There is the slightest vertical curve to the body which the door does still fit like a glove. But...the front edge, the one that is now out... is straight. The combination of curved & straight made for some very tricky metal work on the door. The only thing I can attribute any movement to is the fact that I cut a large window opening at the top after it was skinned. I did check it afterwards, and at that time it did fit, once again perfectly...but the cutout must have relieved some force that allowed the frame to twist over time.
Sheeesh. Not at all what I needed right now.
Here are a couple of pix, the curvature on the back edge is almost imperceptible. But trust me, it is there, and a RPITA to work with.
Before the window...
...after the window.
Since I don't have a large enough table to clamp this big, heavy sucker down, my local sheetmetal guy offered to let me come in after work one day in the next week or so, and see if we can force it back into shape with some hydraulics.