For any who may have been following along
--- You might have noticed that I long ago did hours (days) worth of work to get my wheel wells all tidied up and reinstalled. Well, yesterday after many more hours of measuring and drafting I concluded that the driver side rear well had to be modified in order to fit my ever so tiny combination shower/potty. The only option appeared to be to lower the well about four inches across the front. Of course that meant pulling it out again. And what did I discover?
Man...did I ever do a great job of putting them in!
And...Man the OEM type seam sealer really works!
It was a Royal Beotch to get back out!
Anyhow, here is the latest...
One driver side wheel well removed (it looks so simple in the pix?)
After lots of calculating, some algebra, trig & calculus...guesstimating prevailed. Wacky it is cutting straight lines on compound curves.
But I think I got it close. I will know more when I get the filler piece back from the sheetmetal shop.
A little 16 gauge steel, some melted mig wire, and before you know it that hole will be filled in.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
I also had a custom bung made so I can route my turbo oil return directly into the pan. The flex line will come of the Holset turbo, wind around the starter and motor mount, then magically complete it's journey into the front of the oil pan via the hefty steel tube I had machined to fit. Just have to drain the pan, cut a big a$$ hole in the pan and hope I can do a good enough job of welding it up to not pump oil all over the ground. That just wouldn't be "green".
Only a couple of years left on this five year build...which started life as a three year build.