--- Given that it has rained here every day for the last two weeks, not much has taken place on the "Big Bench" project. But I did manage to finish the last bit of welding just as another deluge came through. And it looks like the same weather pattern will hang around for another week or so. Getting pretty bored with all the wetness.
However...I have managed to get a couple of small things taken care of on the bus. Mostly been boxing stuff up for the shop move but at least I did make some small progress the last two days.
I did a few welding fixes to my inner fenders way back when and decided to go ahead and get them in shape for painting. They were pretty nasty.
Taking them down to bare metal was a monumental PITA. If I ever need to do another piece like this, I'll send it out for chemical stripping and soda blasting. Using Aircraft Stripper and a wire brush is easy enough on flat metal...but a chore on stuff with lots of kinks and bends.
I think I may finish them with truck bed coating. Not the rubber stuff that never sets hard but the other kind. I've used it in a couple of places and it seems to be pretty tough stuff. But I will likely wait till after the move to apply the final finish.
(well...a lit bit at least)