Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 12:27 PM   #3941
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I wish there were a way to pool our resources together and finish this bus.
I could come up with a couple grand.

I was imagining 10 busloads of people from this site showing up one week and knocking it all out. At least get the roof-deck finished and installed, and whatever it needs to be legal on the road. The rest of the details could be handled by the new owner.

Croudfunding whatever needs sounds great, also.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:47 PM   #3942
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I'm normally against crowdfunding but this would be a very worthy cause.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:32 AM   #3943
Skoolie

Coachwork: 1991 bluebird
I have been busy and just getting caught up on this. As I have said a couple of times before, I don't know Tango personally and I've never met him. He's offered countless help, info, and knowledge to so many here. Something needs to be done. A go fund me page, people with the right knowhow getting together and knocking this thing out, what ever it's going to take. At least, a catalog of this build should be done and posted in something downloadable to get it out to anyone and everyone. I'm not a twitter fan, an instagram fan, or what ever it is that's the latest social media thing. Hell, the chrome was done by the same guy that does Jay Leno's chrome. Someone must know someone. Get Jay Leno to buy the thing. Now that would be something!! All I know is this dream needs to survive.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:52 AM   #3944

Thank you Tango

Thank you Tango for giving so much to your project and the efforts to share it to those of us that follow! I have spend as many days trying to find the words to say something meaningful in response to your news as I did binge reading the entire thread not all that long ago.

I do wish I had the means, knowledge, time and space to finish your project.

Not Against the ‘gofundme’ idea if some folks can pull together a viable comprehensive plan in short order

I did send a brief note to Leno’s Garage website via a form on that site. Who knows, thousands of folks likely try to get their attention so reality is likely working against that idea.

All the best to you and your daughter.
David
Old 04-29-2019, 11:53 AM   #3945
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
We have hot rod and classic car show coming up that would be a great place to hand out flyers.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #3946
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Howdy All --- well, I'm still here. More or less. Can't get squat done but hanging in there. Had more chemo today so I'm expecting to feel uber-crappy for the next few days.

Still no progress on finding a home for the bus. Damn...I'm really gonna hate it if it just gets parted out and scrapped. I really like the idea of someone like Leno taking it on (thanks for the tip). I have a lot of respect for that guy. He is a bona fide motorhead who really knows his stuff and from what I understand, spends a lot of wrench-time himself on many of the cars in his collection. I tried searching for contact info but came up with nothing. He no doubt gets thousands of offers for "deals" like mine, but if I could find a way to get it in front of him...I'd give it a try.

More flooding in Houston last night. Barely got my Toyota moved in time. At least it did not come in the building like it did during Harvey. I couldn't handle another round like that.

All for now.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #3947
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Leno sounds awesome, wish I knew a way to get to him. I am moving in the next few weeks, and hop to have a road bike soon after, I would like to come see you and maybe shoot some video and make some promo stuff to get some attention if you are up for that?
Old 05-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #3948
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Howdy All --- well, I'm still here. More or less. Can't get squat done but hanging in there. Had more chemo today so I'm expecting to feel uber-crappy for the next few days.

Still no progress on finding a home for the bus. Damn...I'm really gonna hate it if it just gets parted out and scrapped. I really like the idea of someone like Leno taking it on (thanks for the tip). I have a lot of respect for that guy. He is a bona fide motorhead who really knows his stuff and from what I understand, spends a lot of wrench-time himself on many of the cars in his collection. I tried searching for contact info but came up with nothing. He no doubt gets thousands of offers for "deals" like mine, but if I could find a way to get it in front of him...I'd give it a try.

More flooding in Houston last night. Barely got my Toyota moved in time. At least it did not come in the building like it did during Harvey. I couldn't handle another round like that.

All for now.
Jay Leno's garage - face book

https://www.facebook.com/jaylenosgarage/
Old 05-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #3949
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
Jay Leno's garage - face book

https://www.facebook.com/jaylenosgarage/

I think we should ALL write to Leno's garage about this project.
One or two letters is one thing. . . 20 or so is another.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 PM   #3950
Skoolie

Videos help as well. Get a couple videos made and put up on you tube.
1940s 'Binder 7 window, man cave
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 PM   #3951
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Leno's Garage TV show is/was on CNBC if I'm not forgetting already.
Maybe contacting CNBC would get his attention?
Old 05-15-2019, 03:35 AM   #3952

Prayers sent your way Sir.

Long time reader, first time poster.
We have to get this project completed.
There are many folks out there that have the ability to make this happen for Tango.
Two links for contact.

https://www.lenosgarage.com/pages/co...e#contact_form

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Send a note with a link to this 3950 post thread that started in 2011. Add any additional links that you think will help so that others can spread the word.
Lets make this happen.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #3953
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeOne View Post
Prayers sent your way Sir.

Long time reader, first time poster.
We have to get this project completed.
There are many folks out there that have the ability to make this happen for Tango.
Two links for contact.

https://www.lenosgarage.com/pages/co...e#contact_form

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Send a note with a link to this 3950 post thread that started in 2011. Add any additional links that you think will help so that others can spread the word.
Lets make this happen.
Thanks for the links.

Note sent to Jay, and fingers now crossed.

The Busted Flush
Old 05-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #3954
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Bless you all for your interest and efforts. I am still hanging in there but so crazy weak & tired I can't get anything done. Can't even sit at the computer for very long.

Still no takers here in the Houston area. As previously noted...my hope is that someone will pick up where I left off and just finish this old gal. It is actually further along than appearances would have you believe. All the outer body panels are fabricated and ready to mount. I was holding off on installing them till the end just because it makes access to the underside so much easier.

Anyhow...thank you all again. I will try to check in once a week or so just to say "Howdy".
Old 05-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #3955
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
If someone wants it and hauling it is the issue we can haul it, just pay for gas. Any excuse for a road trip....

If we had the money I would be right there. Really special bus it is.

Blessings and prayers
Old 05-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #3956
Skoolie

Howdy @Tango,
I'm new to the forum as of today, and was directed to your thread by a couple of members after making my first post in response to a "for sale" ad. Yours is one of the most comprehensive builds I've seen!

I'm sorry to read of your medical situation - that totally sucks. I lost my brother to a very aggressive cancer about 15 months ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not your buyer, but I'm sure hoping Jay Leno can step in and shorten the timeline to getting this thing derivable! I thought of some of the other TV shows, like Rust to Riches, Monster Garage, and Chip Foose, but they all want to get creative and put their own signature on a build. Subscribed to the thread, and really want to see this thing pan out!
Old 05-27-2019, 04:26 AM   #3957
Bus Geek

If you think Tango's bus is cool just check out his sculpting work! The man is a true artist and craftsman!
Old 05-28-2019, 01:42 PM   #3958
Almost There

Engine: 2000 International 3800 T444E
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Bless you all for your interest and efforts. I am still hanging in there but so crazy weak & tired I can't get anything done. Can't even sit at the computer for very long.

Still no takers here in the Houston area. As previously noted...my hope is that someone will pick up where I left off and just finish this old gal. It is actually further along than appearances would have you believe. All the outer body panels are fabricated and ready to mount. I was holding off on installing them till the end just because it makes access to the underside so much easier.

Anyhow...thank you all again. I will try to check in once a week or so just to say "Howdy".
Hi Tango!
I am sorry to hear that you are ill and I know you must have limited energy. If you can muster any energy, would it be too much to ask to see photos of its present state? Does it run currently?
I apologize if you have answered these questions a million times!
Best to you,
Laura
Old 05-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #3959
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
What you should ought do is start scrolling up thru the thread.
You'll learn what you're asking for there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magden5 View Post
Hi Tango!
I am sorry to hear that you are ill and I know you must have limited energy. If you can muster any energy, would it be too much to ask to see photos of its present state? Does it run currently?
I apologize if you have answered these questions a million times!
Best to you,
Laura
Which is why, after directing you here, I suggested you'd best, "pack a lunch!"
Old 05-28-2019, 03:26 PM   #3960
Bus Geek

Tango and his bus represent the BEST of Skoolie.net.
Closed Thread