Old 08-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #2501
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
A little here, a little there --- The interior paint turned out OK I think. Much lighter and brighter.

The front(green) area above the doghouse I have decided to carpet to try and help reduce engine noise.

Cleaned up the galvanized rear door latch while I was at it.

Started fabbing a bracket for my driveline brake cable today. Paper first...then cardboard... now on some 1/4" steel. Will have to find some pulleys to get the (yet to be made) cable properly routed.

Finally...(and by that I mean... FINALLY!)...I have an Allison tech coming by on Friday to check out my TPS rigging and help with setting up the wiring and shifter so this puppy can be flashed.

ONWARD!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:27 PM   #2502
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Lookin' good!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #2503
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Looking sharp and yes, the carpet will really make a big difference in the noise level. Its great that the Allison folk are willing to help. Not so with the very proprietary Isuzu people. They have a minimum $200 to hook up their computer diagnostics and then surcharges for each additional step. Worse yet, ONLY their scanner can communicate with their vehicles so if I were to break down somewhere in the boonies, I'd have to be towed to a metropolitan area to locate an Isuzu dealer. Today I found and bought a used Isuzu ISDII 2 dealer scanner with all the dealer functions and ready to plug and play. I'll carry it with me in the bus which should guarantee that I will never need the thing. My wallet is a lot thinner now as the tool cost $1500 Ouch! Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #2504
Bus Geek

Yowzer!!! $1500 bucks!? --- But then, those are the same folks (Isuzu) who greased me to the tune of well over $300 for a single, short steering shaft section. Basically a piece of pipe with a swivel on it. And while it may sound odd...here's hoping you never get any use out of that new toy Jack.

But, at the very least, I suspect you will have made Cadillac a bit envious
Old 08-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #2505
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
I never been a fan of carpet in a rv, living in mine for a short period of time the dirt & dust was just outrageous, but im sure you are very aware of that issue. But whatever you choose im sure you will be happy with the decision. Your project will be on the move in no time.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:34 AM   #2506
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Lookin good Tango. I am so lookin forward to seeing it on the road. Have you ever come up with a name for her?
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #2507
Bus Geek

I agree that carpet can be a real dust magnet, but when strategically placed, can also cut down significantly on engine noise and add insulation value. So it is a trade off in my case. Will use the shortest pile I can find. This rig actually came with carpet in the same area.

As far as the naming goes, it will probably be just "Hotel Tango". That is the military/avaiation phonetic version of H & T which has been my DBA for decades (The "H" was actually my ex-wife but I'm too cheap to spend another $15 bucks on a new DBA).

At one point I was considering "Hotel Tango de Isla Giatt" but that gets a bit long.

The "Isla Giatt" stands for...

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time

I thought I was being really original in coming up with that one but a Google search found it on several boats. Nothing new in this world I guess.

Another option was to paint down each side...

Hotel Tango Scenic Tours

But I might attract unwanted "Commercial" attention with that one so just a small "Hotel Tango" is the most likely moniker.

Back to work...
Old 08-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #2508
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
How about "TANGOS WORLD TOURS" ?
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #2509
Bus Nut

Regardless of what you name it, it will be 'The Bomb'! Can't wait to watch you drive it out of your shop. Will your 1st road trip be too Rehab?
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #2510
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
The "Isla Giatt" stands for...

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time
Nice acronym! It's difficult to come up with anything truly original in this world; give yourself partial credit. I thought I had invented YCMTSU (pronounced "yakamatsu", stands for "You Can't Make This $hit Up") until I googled it. Yours still gets a place in my favorite acronyms collection, right alongside DAMHIKT and TANSTAAFL.

I could see being married to a woman named Hotel as having a significant downside.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote