Look Ma...No Chains!
--- Finally have the engine and tranny secured to the chassis instead of just hovering from the hoist. Fabbed the engine & trans mounts during which they went in and out more than a few times. I had last minute fits with the transmission mount pads thanks to O'Reilly's. Picked out a pair that were for a 1980 Volvo. Built the steel to accommodate the size/thickess/bolt position. But when we went to actually install them, turns out that we had two, slightly different pads in spite of the boxes saying they were the same. Back to O'reilly's who sent me across town to pick up the only mate they showed to be in the city. Get there and guess what, it seems the folks in India had managed to package several different mounts as "mixed sets". After going through several boxes and part numbers, the parts guy acknowledged..."we seem to have a problem here". Lesson learned. Don't believe what the box says. Still not certain which part number I finally wound up with. Could be 2428's...or it could be 2424's.
Either way...here they are...
The famous 4BT tilt (Ya...they sit that way)
Now I can start on the new firewall & doghouse.
Cummins engine mounts can be tricky.
Allison trans mounts were pretty straightforward...once we got the right parts.
Still tons to do, but having the engine and transmission in place are huge for me.