Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #61
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: GMC Micro Bluebird
Engine: 6.5 TD
Rated Cap: 19 ... 4 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
I have this tattooed on my ass... One of my favorites..
Far out! My smile for the day.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #62
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Oh man, that's so cool! Even funnier than my buddy's "Jesus Loves You" ass tat.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #63
Bus Nut

Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
Yeah, I like R. Crumb. Prob gonna get tommy toilet on my left cheek in the future too... But enough about my ass...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #64
Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: t444e
Since you dig Too Many Zooz here's some moon hooch

https://youtu.be/K2P39ost14k
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #65
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliChzPoopTart View Post
Since you dig Too Many Zooz here's some moon hooch

https://youtu.be/K2P39ost14k
JAM IN THE VAN!

Very cool!

For more views of "The Van" try this one on:

Old 07-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #66
Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: t444e
happy to help
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #67
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
... LIVE AND IN COLOR ...

THE DOORS
Of COURSE I meant the doors on the bus. Did you really think I was gonna go dig up Jim's dead keester?

The plan on the doors is to keep them small. This bus *just* fits in most parking spots down at the Walmart. Keeping the doors as skinny as possible will allow getting in and out easier. I also did not want a big old handle stick from the side of the bus. The locking hasp will make it easy to close up, a padlock keeps everything secure. AS long as i get out of the driver's door last ... and lock-unlock that one with the key ... I should be in good shape.

Yank out the glass and seals, a couple pieces of 16 gauge (primed ready for paint) set in an elestomeric product and held in place with a whole bunch of 1/8 rivets. More elestomeric on the inside of the door. The steel will keep the sun out, the elastomeric should keep the water out.

Cut and fit foam insulation. This should keep the heat out.

Fit and cover the inside of the doors with almost anything I care to. Even cheap 1970's style panelling.

The hasp has been reinforced to prevent flexing. I've kept the tie rod assembly at the top of the door ... this prevents the forward door from opening when the rear door is shut. The hasp assembly doesn’t have to work very hard to keep the door shut. I'll add a pull handle as needed so I don't have to work very hard to pull the door shut.

Yes ... I have plans for that hole.

The music for the day was provide by the DOORS. Not very imaginative ... but there it is.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #68
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
Well, Dear Readers, it's crunch time.

I have 28 days before I have to go up to New Jersey for my son's wedding, and come hell or high water, I AM driving this bus up there.

If you get a chance, watch a sunset or look at a rainbow and think kindly bus thoughts to help me get it done.

Thank you!
No kidding, Kiddies. I've got but 12 working days left before I make that run to NJ.

Next week will be:

Finish the doors
Front brakes, bearings and seals
A lower radiator hose I found a little rub spot in.
fix the running lights
2 more coats of elastomeric roof paint
Apply a couple coats of enamel on the lower part of the hull, color to be determined over the weekend.

As before, I'm asking if you get a chance, watch a sunset or look at a rainbow and think kindly bus thoughts to help me get this done.

THINK KINDLY THOUGHTS HARDER!!! Time is short.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #69
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: corbeil
Chassis: ford e350
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke
No worry, you will get it done. Are you inspected? Leave the running lights., small stuff like that takes a lot of time. I would do the brakes and bearings. and take it for a good drive so that you do not get any surprises at your maiden trip.

Good luck.
later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:05 PM   #70
Skoolie

I used to live up in NJ and rode on the Garden State Parkway, Rte 287 or the New jersey Turnpike a lot. From the beginning of spring until the middle of fall, I would see hundreds of trailers and other types of rv's parked on the side of the road, jacked up with one tire and rim off. The reason was very easy to see ... the rv owner didn't maintain his wheel bearings ... and now he's fried a bearing and probably tore up the stub axle ... and ruined his weekend as well.

And guess what kiddo's? You have the same type of axle bearing in the front of most of your buses.

I would NEVER take a vehicle I didn't know the history on a long road trip until I KNEW what kind of shape the axle bearings are in. So, today I am cleaning, checking and re-packing my front wheel bearings and replacing my front brake pads. And because I don't have a lot of time and my hands are as greasy as they can be, I'm not going to be taking pictures. BUT I did find you guys a very clear Youtube vid on how to deal with your front bearings.

Now the guy in the vid is replacing the bearings ... if you check yours and don't find any that have been chewed up, you can ignore the parts about removing the races, and skip to the packing part.

I also would suggest that you don’t let the calliper hang unsupported ... find an old metal coat hanger, cut it and use that wire to make a hanger.

Don't like this vid? There are hundreds more where that came from. This really is something that almost anybody can do.

... and let the old guy pass on a tip: SOME vehicles have wheel lugs ... on one side ... that HAVE LEFT HAND THREADS. These loosen CLOCKWISE.

The reason the manufacturer does this is to allow the centrifugal force created when the wheel is spinning to TIGHTEN these lugs if they hadn't been tightened properly.

The way to check? Before you loosen them lug nutz ... look at the end of the stud. If you see an "L" ... that's the mechanic's secret code for LEFT HANDED THREADS.

Don't get stuck on the road with an expensive breakdown ... that easily could have been prevented. Maintain those axle bearings!