Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: GMC Micro Bluebird
Engine: 6.5 TD
Rated Cap: 19 ... 4 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Are you inspected?
Inspected, injected, detected, infected, neglected and selected. But that was back in '69. THEY thought they had me with that "see-lected" stuff ... but I fooled them ... and in-listed!

But to answer your question properly, the is no vehicle safety inspection where I live in Ga.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #72
Skoolie

No pictures today ... I'm beat.

I put a couple more coats of elastomeric on the seams of the roof, hung the galley bulkhead, bolted in the galley and made a holder for the propane tank. Two coats of paint went on the plywood for the berth/settees.

More to do tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #73
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: corbeil
Chassis: ford e350
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke
That is nice to have no safety inspection.

Well, you did more then was on your list so sit back with a beer.
I know that feeling that yes the end is insight but somehow more things seem to show up.

Later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #74
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
You know the rules Tedd..."without pictures...it didn't happen". We want to see this little darlin'!
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #75
Skoolie

P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Busy days indeed.

The settee frames are in and bolted down. I have to install the faces on both settees and the galley and the end pieces on the settees. The end pieces hold the cushions in place. I also installed the behind the berth cushions wall covering. My loving and adoring wife is helping out with the painting of the wooden bits. Today she washed and scuffed the bus in preparation for PAINT.

If weather and old age cooperate, by this time tomorrow B should be wearing two coats of a lovely beige enamel paint.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #76
Skoolie

I had three TOTALLY awesome ideas for the bus today, but now I can’t remember the first one.

But the second one was concerning my entrance door closure and lock. I spent months thinking, drawing, searching, but I just couldn’t come up with a nice, easy, clean way of securing the lead door without using a pipe or a bunch of rods. So … I did the hasp. I did the Monster Hasp.

Soanyoldways, I had an idea … what about the latching guts and handle from the tailgate out of a F-150 (or so) Ford? As I recall, the handle mechanism isn’t all that wide. Maybe later models have a lock back there. Then there’s a pair of pull cables and a pair of spring loaded latches at the end.

Swell Idea Number 3. WHAT ABOUT A WOODY?????

You knock the dang rub strips off the sides, plug ALL them itty-bitty–teeny-tiny rivet holes, gitcherseff some sheets of dark wood grained counter-top …. stuff, and glue it ONLY on the sides under the windows and the back door. Find some of that wood that’s light colored and long grained and don’t warp ner split in the hot NOGA sun … cut it down to about ˝ X 3 and varnish the carp outta it. Then, using carriage bolts of the right type so’s it don’t hurt the wood none bolt the wood on the sides in a pattern resembling the sides of a REAL woody. Paint all the metal bits fore and aft in a nice dark forest green.

I told my loving and adoring wife about the woody idea just like I told you And she said she’s paint ME a nice dark forest green first.

I guess I’m putting these ideas here just in case I forget them like I did with the first one.

Whatever THAT was.

Has anyone ever seen a 4 window like mine turned into a woody? Done right ... even a faux-woody as I described above might look pretty good.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #77
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Blue bird
Chassis: CHEVROLET C60
Engine: 350 ci on propane
Rated Cap: 48
Hmmm...nice idea, but putting more holes into a bus body does not sound good. JMO

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Tootalltechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #78
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
I had three TOTALLY awesome ideas for the bus today, but now I can’t remember the first one.

A Woody is an excellent idea........I'm planning on doing the same to my rub rails. I transformed my old Blazer into a Woody about 10 years ago.........you'll need about 18 coats of sealer and 25 coats of marine varnish.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/pl...j8ydn.jpg.html.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:20 AM   #79
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
Swell Idea Number 3. WHAT ABOUT A WOODY?????

You knock the dang rub strips off the sides, plug ALL them itty-bitty–teeny-tiny rivet holes, gitcherseff some sheets of dark wood grained counter-top …. stuff, and glue it ONLY on the sides under the windows and the back door. Find some of that wood that’s light colored and long grained and don’t warp ner split in the hot NOGA sun … cut it down to about ˝ X 3 and varnish the carp outta it. Then, using carriage bolts of the right type so’s it don’t hurt the wood none bolt the wood on the sides in a pattern resembling the sides of a REAL woody. Paint all the metal bits fore and aft in a nice dark forest green.
All this talk of woodies and rub rails is just... well... never mind.
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #80
Skoolie

So my son asks "what color are you painting the bus?"

I say "beige", and he sez BEIGE? Ain't that a little ... vanilla ... for you.

Well ... yeah. It is kinda quiet.

I was thinking of a quieter, gentler Further (Ken Kesey's Bus), and my loving and adoring wife was thinking about a single story 1,600 ft. on a 100 X 100 lot in Levitown. *sigh* The things we do for love.

At least we should see less of law enforcement with beige. I've come to think of it as camouflage!

Beige. A Whiter Shade of Pale ... brown!