Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #101
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Big Mac I bought for $500!!!!!

I hope your feeling better. 3 years ago kidney stones threatened to change my life. I refused the change the stones had to offer, and made lifestyle changes to eliminate further development of kidney stones.

For me it was to much red meat, greasy food, stress, and the mineral in the town water supply. I now drink nothing containing mineral, and eat no greasy foods. I only eat fish for protein and no more red meat. My health has improved 100%.

Pork can stay in your digestion till it rots, around 48 hours.

Beef takes around 24 hours. Still not good.

Chicken takes around 12 hours.

Fish is usually fully digested in under 3 hours. It is one of the only meats that digest before rotting in your intestines.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #102
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

Nat,

HOW true!!! I haven't had a stone since then.

However, studies took over my life for a while. Now I'm getting back to living. M1009 is in Jr. High, so I really need to be there for him as well. The opportunities at my work are incredible since Katy TX is EXPLODING with growth, in spite of the prez. (sic). The admin switched my bus and now I'm driving a bus exactly like Prokchop's with the exception of push button tranny. It's the predecessor to it. Still has the Cat engine. They replaced the oil pump in it last month. 133K miles and drives SMOOTH! I may go for this one when it goes to auction, don't know just yet.

Tomorrow I'm repairing a license plate light where the Ford got rear ended by a '05 Toyota Tacoma. Bus is fine, Toyota isn't. Happened about a year ago as I was going home from work. Some machinist was late to his work, tried to cut between me and a 06 Chevy, he didn't make the cut. *WHAM*---> CD player goes off-line, sounds like a bomb went off in the back. I pull over and he's getting out of his truck. I go into Paramedic mode, he's fine and no passengers *THANK GOD*!!! The passenger side of his truck was open to the elements and he was coated in oil and coolant. I checked him for thermal burns, nothing. His mom comes and rips him a new one since the previous month he totaled his crotch rocket. So I'm fixing the light tomorrow, fresh inspection, and going to work with it tomorrow afternoon to let everyone at work see it and take pics to their heart's content. I'll have my camera too.

It's good to be back everyone!

M1031
Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #103
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

Good to hear.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #104
Bus Nut

Well, tomorrow I'm fixing that stupid light. I'll try to remember the camera. Folks at work are very curious about my bus..... I'll need permissions from the big boss man to bring it in....... Pics to follow.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #105
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

Good to hear another Houston area bus build will be taking place. There are a number taking place in the general area. Maybe we should all get together somewhere and trade note/parts/war stories/whatever. A few of us got together about a year ago at ReHab Bar and it was great swapping experiences. Anybody up for another gathering?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #106
Bus Nut

Sounds good to me! I didn't get to my light issue. Safety meeting this morning. Tomorrow is a paid bus run on my new route, so Thursday may bring the best opportunity to replace the light and get her inspected... Time will tell.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #107
Bus Nut

FINALLY!!!!

I have pics from what I've done the past few years..... Most was done 18 months ago.... So, without any further explanation here we go!

Well, let's start with the damage:

That's what an '05 (I think) Toyota Tacoma does to an '88 Ford B600.....

Here's my shore power hook-up.....

I have 35' extension in all...

Let's look inside: Here's the driver's side just past the shower/toilet combo.....

There's a chest of drawers, storage cabinet, closet, and tool storage below the closet....

Some of my supplies:

Note the way I secured the drawers:

I've roughed in the shower/toilet area, so here's what I've gotten done so far with the help of my favorite paramedic partner:

My fresh water tank is below the brown water tank I'm saving for my next build:

Headboard from a water bed someone gave me:

Bunk bed:

Kitchen sink:

A/C:

Microwave:

Stove/oven:

Above kitchen sink I have my medicine chest:

And behind it:

Pantry:

The curtain helps keep the back end private.....:

I was busy.... School was rough, but now I'm looking for my next project..... Wifie APPROVES!!!!!

I still have water lines to run, propane lines to run (if you look carefully you can see one of my propane tanks beside the master bed), and some more electrical lines too... I hope to finish by this summer....
Old 09-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #108
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Well, rumor has it Big Mac is up for sale..... I can confirm the rumor. We're going full-bore into getting Heavy Fuel to the permanent full-time live-in ready condition she needs to be in for us since Hurricane Harvey flooded out our apartment. We're currently living with good friends, but need to get HF completed to the point where we can live in her as I'm finishing her.

Big Mac is mostly complete at this point. Everything is included: frig., stove, shower, bed, pantry, cabinets, sink, shore powered A/C, motor powered A/C, you name it, she's got it. We're asking $1K. If you want to keep her in her current storage area it's about $65/month in Patterson, TX. I figured I'd update the thread so everyone can see the pics of her. Not much has changed over time.

PM me if you're interested.

M
Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #109
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Engine: Cummins 5.9
I've got some friends interested in something closer to turn-key than something from a surplus auction, can you put together a overview with some current pics?
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #110
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Brokedown,

The pics above are just as current as today. I haven't done much of anything since I took those pics. except I have an extra roll of carpet inside for finishing touches, a black water tank that needs to be installed, a hot water heater that also needs to be installed, and an extra roof mount A/C unit waiting for... you guessed it - installation. I can have more pics Saturday if anyone is interested, but they won't look much different than what I have already posted.

M
Old 09-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #111
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
How is the bus titled and who is it insured thtough? What motor/trans?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote