Old 03-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #41
Almost There

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Turtle Top
Chassis: E-Super Duty
Engine: Ford 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 13-passenger
I also was really underwhelmed by the wheel wells that Terra Transit had in here. I imagine they were never very good, even when brand new, but at this point they're very rotten. So much so that the floor above them was springy

Anyway, I installed some new wheel wells, which I made out of the radius of an old home heat oil tank. They turned out really well, although I'll definitely be adding great stuff to seal every seam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0198.jpg (375.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0197.jpg (410.9 KB, 9 views)
sproutroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #42
Bus Crazy

The alternator is going to be a minimum of about 150 AMPS and could be as large as 300 AMPS. It all depends upon who spe'c'ed the bus originally and what it was supposed to be doing.

If it was in transit use it would more likely be the larger spe'c since in transit use the bus would be doing a lot of stop and go, lots of idling, and not a lot of high speed runs.

If it was in parking shuttle use it would more like be the larger spe'c as well since they rarely went very far but would go back and forth a lot of times each shift.

If it was in paratransit use it would more likely be toward the smaller spe'c as they don't stop nearly as often.

If it was purchased by a senior center it would most likely be the smaller spe'c.

Visually, if it looks similar to what is on a pickup it will most likely not be much more than 150 AMPS. If it looks thicker or bigger around than what is on a pickup it will more likely be well in excess of 150 AMPS.

The only way to tell for sure would be to pull it off and have it tested.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #43
Almost There

I'm pretty much assuming it's ~150A, but unless I want to go through the trouble of pulling off the doghouse, that'll just be an estimate. I'll likely be able to narrow it down using my TM-2030 battery monitor, and the 100A breaker I put in between the starting and house banks.

If it really is a huge alternator, I'll probably need to replace the breaker, the isolator, and all that wiring (4 AWG). We'll see.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #44
Almost There

I recently installed the backup camera. After a ton of research I settled on this setup. Lots of good reviews, the bad reviews were either quickly serviced by customer care, or were by people who didn't read directions well. The pair cost >$60
Camera: Robot Check
Monitor: Robot Check

This camera actually doesn't have many reviews, but an identical camera (it's oriented upside-down rather than vertically) had a ton, and directed me to this one if I wanted this orientation.

I mounted the monitor overhead where the cabin lights and rear A/C controls used to be. It fits almost perfectly, I'll have to put some dome lights in with a switch to fill in the rest of the hole there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0206.jpg (212.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0207.jpg (86.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #45
Almost There

Just came across this bed product and thought it made for some inspirational stuff for mini-bus guys. I'll be using a lofted bed, so it's not for me, but it definitely achieves a lot of storage space without needing huge drawers, or walkways down each side of the bed.

https://www.facebook.com/thisisinsid...6/?pnref=story
Old 04-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #46
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Link is no good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sproutroot View Post
Just came across this bed product and thought it made for some inspirational stuff for mini-bus guys. I'll be using a lofted bed, so it's not for me, but it definitely achieves a lot of storage space without needing huge drawers, or walkways down each side of the bed.

http://https://www.facebook.com/this...6068171401486/
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #47
Almost There

Think I fixed it.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #48
Almost There

I got my shower stall in today. I found this stall sitting in the barn being used as a storage container. After a lot of cutting, it fits. Now I need to make it pretty, and water tight.

This stall will be both my shower, and my bathroom. I have a sawdust toilet that I'll take out whenever I need to shower.

Let me just add that -if you're going to go this route- make sure you do everything you can to protect your respiratory system, and your eyes. I ended up wearing a dust mask and a full face fleece ski mask over it to keep all the dust away, plus ski goggles for my eyes. It was uncomfortable, but I came to this after trying a bunch of things that didn't work. It was worth the discomfort. I wish I'd had a full on respirator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0225.jpg (146.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0223.jpg (170.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0224.jpg (139.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #49
Almost There

cool facebook video with examples of RV dream furniture. Hope it works.. https://www.facebook.com/15341285069...8186902840681/
Old 05-08-2016, 08:00 AM   #50
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sproutroot View Post
cool facebook video with examples of RV dream furniture. Hope it works.. https://www.facebook.com/15341285069...8186902840681/
It's like IKEA on steroids. I did find that one wall mounted bunk bed interesting. Although, I also like these ideas-

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7.3, diesel, ford, short, super duty