Old 05-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #51
Bus Crazy

Chassis: '97 BB TC1000, 5.9l
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Hey, where's the craftmatic with magic fingers and heat?
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #52
Almost There

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Turtle Top
Chassis: E-Super Duty
Engine: Ford 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 13-passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Hey, where's the craftmatic with magic fingers and heat?
I think that's the Tokyo model; not approved for the American market.

Edit: Oh wow! I totally thought you were kidding, hahahah! "Enjoy Relief and Relaxation. A Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed with optional heat and massage may provide temporary relief from..."
sproutroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:54 AM   #53
Bus Crazy

Chassis: '97 BB TC1000, 5.9l
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
It does a pretty good job of making a bus rattle when you get the vibration frequency just right on the massage mechanism on a craftmatic. Actually I think the bed in overkill and most people use them as just a bed. No storage underneath but just enough room to loose one shoe.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #54
Almost There

This guy is a Powerstroke genius. His website is an incredible resource for any Powerstroke owner; tons of interesting instructional/informational videos about typical problem areas, how to address them, and how to maximize performance without killing your rig: POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners & Mechanics

I'd always heard that 7.3L Powerstrokes were the only ones that wouldn't leave you stranded, but this video opened my eyes to the pros and cons of each generation, and there's much more info on the particulars at his website:
Old 07-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #55
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproutroot View Post
I bought a DIY spray foam insulation kit, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks they found successful for keeping the nozzle clean after use. I've read that this is the issue that makes these kits a one-time-use item; but I don't want to have to do the entire bus in one headlong rush, and I'm not one to accept defeat easily.

My dad thought that perhaps you could jam pipe cleaners into the nozzle right after use to keep it from clogging. I thought maybe cleaning it with acetone while the foam is still wet would work.

Has anyone had success trying something like this?
I asked this question last year, and I finally got around to testing it today. My answer is acetone.

I found that when I was done spraying the foam I could remove the nozzle and toss it in a shot glass full of acetone. After a few minutes I took it out, popped out the mixer insert, and was able to scrub it clean with a wire brush (picture is after scrubbing). This relieves a lot of the pressure of doing the whole job at one time, although you're still supposed to use the whole kit up within 30 days of initial use.

The product I bought is called Foam It Green, and I'm using it as an adhesive layer behind my board insulation. I'm attempting to spray a very light layer of foam and then press board insulation into it. I'm hoping this will fill in all the air gaps, seal the exterior, and be a lot cheaper than a full spray foam job. That being said, it's significantly more work than just spraying foam in.

There is definitely a bit of a learning curve to the application. The foam sprays and dries very quickly, so not only will it require two people to perform my plan, but the sprayperson will need to be pretty adept so as not to overspray and waste the foam. The quick drying will also limit the size of the boards I can use, although that's not such a big deal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Test 4.jpg (319.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Nozzle 1.jpg (425.3 KB, 2 views)