Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
bluetooth is your friend.. let your friends connect their phones to your radio to play what they like..

in my smart-car i installed an Android head unit, that also included a device that allowed people to connect with android and apple airplay as well.. most people bring their music on their phones or USB sticks these days so its easy. granted i didnt have a group of people in the smart, the technology allowed for it.

in my bus im likely going to install one of these devices too... or I may just go with bluetooth / USB / wifi connection to amp and speakers.. even local terrestrial radio is online these days so when i want local traffic through a city.. i just hit my iHeart radio app.

the stairwell light is connected through the door switch.. on my bus its connected to the door switch on the dash.. and only active when the headlights are on..

I have the full set of navistar wiring diagrams but i think since this is blue-bird parts that it wont show up..

is your door electric or air-eletric? mine is just electric with the red handle for manual open.
save the locations for the wires in the dash that go up to your 8 ways.. they can be used for powering things you want up above or.. speakers, etc.. they are nice size wires..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Hmm, Bluetooth and USB connections aren't a bad idea. That's how most folks do things these days anyway. I'll ponder that some more.

I went in and removed some of the cut wiring, mostly stuff the school district removed and left wires dangling. Also removed the air line for the stop bar; I have not removed the air-relays.

My door is all-manual, no electric or air-electric for me. I disassembled the cover (since it had some controls for the 8-way's) and removed the control box. I left the wires to the door switch with the intent of reconnecting them ... there's 2 "gray" wires and I may need to ID which is which, and a blue wire. 1 red and 1 orange wire appear to control the 8-ways, another orange controls the "door unlock" (it's basically an electric solenoid that pushes up the door handle when the door is shut fully); the school district tells me some of these fail after some age so I may just remove it.

My headlights are set up as "always on" when the switch is on, some manner of auto-daytime running lights (tail lights too).
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
my bus has DRL's.. the DRL circuit interfered with my LED bulbs I installed.. so i pulled the fuse.. in the navistar dashboard fuse panel, theres a fuse that looks like it is piggybacked on the upper left corner of the fuse panel. i pulled it.. no more DRL;s but all my lights still work from the switch..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote