Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #111
Mini-Skoolie

Thumbs up

Any more updates on the build? Loving it and would love to see more pics
chasingsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #112

Howís it coming?

Hey Matt! Iím here in Rochester myself. Just joined this forum today and found your awesome conversion.
As much as I would love a short skoolie, I really start to have my doubts when I see exactly how much work is involved. LOL

Looks like a bunch of us would love to see some updates and if itís not out of line to ask, I would love an in person tour!
JustBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #113
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3L (Navistar T444E)
What are the floor dimensions of the bus before you put the bathroom in?
gzimmerman372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:25 AM   #114

Love this build! Hoping for some updates soon. Curious what the dimensions of the bathroom area are?

Thanks!
Adamk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:17 AM   #115

This looks interesting. What are the inside dimensions of this bus with everything removed?
CLEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #116
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford E-450
Sorry for the long hiatus, I'm back with a quick update. I haven't made much more progress on the interior yet, but I finally painted the bus! And to be honest, I never want to paint any kind of bus/car/whatever every again, haha. Between the prep, rain, wind, a dirty/dusty parking lot, and working on this after work every night for a couple weeks it turned into quite a project that, for me personally, was definitely less enjoyable than working on the interior.

A lot of time was spent getting the reflective strips off all sides of the bus first, sanding and priming rusty areas, and wiping the whole bus down with de-glosser. The first coat of paint (1 gallon Rustoleum) I did with brush and roller, which took a long time and really just didn't cover all that well or get into the cracks and corners well either. For the second coat I went out and bought a Wagner sprayer (~$100), which went super fast, but there are definitely a lot of runs. Honestly, I've never painted anything like this before, so whether it was the wrong kind of sprayer, the paint was too thick, or I'm just not that great of a painter I'm not sure, haha. If you get within 10ft of the bus you can definitely see all the paint runs, but from a distance, it looks pretty good and more importantly it's not yellow anymore!

I put a final coat of Bus Kote and Clear Coat on the roof as well. Only things left to do on the exterior is to paint the rims black and apply a black pinstripe to cover the seam where the grey meets the white roofline.

mattbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #117

I think it looks great! Glad to see an update from you, this is one of my favourite buses on here and you've done some great work. Please keep us posted when you can!
SpencerVDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #118
Mini-Skoolie

Looks really good. Where did you buy your bus? I live in Rochester as well, and am looking into getting a short bus.
spwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #119
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford E-450
@spwath Don Brown Bus Sales, www.buscrazy.net, it's about a 3-hour drive from Rochester but they have a huge selection. I'd recommend them for sure.

Small update from the weekend, built a small shelf for my fridge and stove. Added some wheels to the bottom of the fridge as well so it can slide right out. Overkill? Probably. But they fit perfectly and screwed into the existing feet threads easily.

mattbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #120
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird / Microbird
Chassis: Chevy 3500
Engine: Chevy Vortec 6.0 gas
Rated Cap: 30
Ohhhhh! Which model fridge is that? Iím looking at Engels, too.
Nice work!
Whywalk is offline   Reply With Quote